Chapter 9 - Jealousy

My eyes stopped at the heart shaped big pond and widened a little.
If you live in Hateno, you will hear some women swarm about meeting their soulmate at the Lover's Pond. Well, I never thought of meeting Link here. But that's just fiction, right? I mean, why should you meet your soulmate at a pond that is shaped like a heart? This sounds too cliché to be true.

"W-well, now that we're here, I never noticed that I really like you, (Y/N)..."

I don't quite get what he meant, but I think I like him too. I feel weird all of a sudden, but decided to shrug it off and smile at him once again.

"I like you too, Link."

_____________________________________________

Links POV

I think she doesn't really know what I meant. Don't get me wrong, but I thought (Y/N) would actually know what I was trying to say... Well, maybe it was just too sudden, I shouldn't have said that.

"Hey, Link. We should get going, how about we will take a small break at the river down there? It's not too far and it will get us a great view of the sunset!"

I just nodded at her suggestion, "Okay"

Just as we arrived and wanted so take a seat, someone in the distance was swimming towards us. What was it? An enemy?

"Heeey! Are you two possibly Hylians?", the stranger - a Zora- asked. Woah, I've never seen a Zora before. (Y/N) shrieked a little, but then calmed down and nodded, "Yeah, we are. W-why do you ask?"

She looks a little stiff. Maybe she doesn't like Zoras? Or maybe she dislikes fish? I don't know.
I decided to free her from talking, so it was my turn now.

"What brings you here?"

The green zora looked at me and nodded, "Right, our village needs help, due to Vah Rutas behavior lately, it's close to be flooded. Not only that, if this should happen, it would be also the end of Hyrule"

"Vah Ruta? Isn't that one of the four devine beasts?"

I looked at (Y/N) and nodded at her question as an answer. I somehow don't like where this is going...

"Yes, and we need two strong hylians which can calm her down - to save our deary village and country."

It's my task to save Hyrule and bring peace back, so I can't deny it. The feeling I have in my chest tells me to go, but something else inside me still says 'no'. I guess it can't be helped...

"We will go. It's our destiny to help whoever needs any. (Y/N), are you ready for this? I don't want to rush things and make you feel uncomfortable."

She just smiled and nodded, "Of course. If you're ready, then I am too."

-------------------

Small Time Skip

(Y/N) and I were already walking for 4 hours... and there's still no Village in sight. Man, this was really annoying, why does everything have to be so far away?
We heard a bleeping sound coming from my Sheikah Slate. There was a shrine nearby and we saw a orange glowing light in the distance. Great, time to get more weapons and stamina!

I noticed this shrine was on a very small island in the middle of a lake, it was covered with many flowers, you could barely see the ground! That's insane, who would take care of them anyway?

"Looks like we have to use the paraglider... You will use it, Link. I'll go down and use the small sailboat instead."

I shook my head at her request, "Nu uh, not gonna happen",