Chapter Five: Trust

America thanked the gods there were bubbles in her bath otherwise she'd have been exposed completely for Maxon to see. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't mind but she wasn't exactly happy with the man in front of her at the moment.

She didn't answer him, simply closing her eyes and going back to her bath.

"America I asked you something!" He exclaimed.

"What does it look like you idiot? I'm taking a bath" America snapped, annoyed by his presence.

"Why are you here? Can't you see I'm busy? Its rude to walk in on someone while they're bathing," America spat, still not looking at him.

"I need to talk to you," he tried to say.

"Nothing to talk about." The red head replied in a bored tone, looking at her nails as if they were the most interesting thing ever.

"Please America just give me 5 minutes" Maxon pleaded.

Ugh why can't he just leave me alone!?

America sighed, pointing to her towel. "Give me my towel." and he does.

"Get out so I can change," America finally relaxed when Maxon left. She took her time drying herself off and putting her clothes back on, hoping he'll just give up and go but America knew that Maxon was just as stubborn and persistent as her. Once she out of the bathroom he was pacing around her room.

When Maxon heard the door open he stopped pacing.

"I want to explain," he started, looking at the floor.

"I don't want your explanation" America say with a blank face. "I got all the explanation I needed already,"

"Please it won't take long," he begged. America figured that the only way to get him to leave was to let him explain.

"5 minutes" she said though gritted teeth.

"Thank you. First I wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did, I was a jerk and fully understand if you don't want to be anywhere near me at the moment." He paused for a second, thinking about how he should put his next words.

"As for what happened in my office, it was totally uncalled for. I can't tell you why I was associated with her but the kiss was all her. She heard you coming and pushed me against the wall the same time you came in, I was caught off guard and didn't realize what was happening till you yelled my name," Maxon let out a shakey breath, biting his lip to hold back the tears that were forming in his eyes.

"Whenever I had to meet Kriss, I didn't do anything. I stayed far away from her. There's nothing going in between her and I- I didn't want any if this to happen." Now Maxon had tears falling down his cheeks. He felt so pathetic, how could he hurt one of the most precious people in his life?

"Please America, I'm begging you, don't leave me. I don't know what I would do without you. I can't live without you America I just can't. Take your time if you have to, think it over as many times as you must, stay as far away from me as you want, but please just don't leave me. Please." He whispers the last part. Now Maxon's tears were falling fast, his voice cracking.

America felt the hot stream of tears going down her cheeks. She wanted to hug him and tell him she forgives him so badly.

But if any part of what he said was true he would've told America what was happening. He had left her in the dark for 3 years. All those years when he said he was going out to meet the governor he should've told her the truth rather than lying. America would've understood had he told her what was going on, but he didn't and that's was made her angry.