Chapter Seven: A New Start

"Good evening your majesty and children, this is your pilot speaking. Please fasten your seatbelts as we are now landing in Rome, Italy" the pilot said.

13 hours of traveling had gone by, and in that time America made sure to keep the girls busy; not only to keep them out of trouble, but to distract herself from the events that occurred during her departure.

America and the girls were playing a game of 'hot potato' on the floor so upon hearing the pilot, the three females quickly got up and took their seats, fastening their seatbelts as told.

As the plane started its descent, America looked outside and saw how beautiful Italy looked from where she was. America was in awe of all the different structures she could see.

The plane had finally landed in Italy and halted at it's terminal. Just as the plane stopped moving, the pilot walked out from the cockpit and greeted America at the gate of the plane.

"Hello your majesty, welcome to Italy. We hope you enjoy your time here!" He smiled.

America thanked him and the hostesses before walking down the steps. It was a little crowded so America made sure to hold her children's hands tightly.

A few bodyguards helped America get out of the airport and into the car which already contained their bags. The three quickly got in and began their drive to the palace.

"Girls?" America started, breaking the silence. "We're going be staying with a really close friend of mine, so I need you to be on your best behaviour understand?"

"Which friend?" Ellie asked, her big beady blue eyes looking into America's.

"Why auntie Nicoletta of course!" She grinned.

America knew how much the two girls loved her Italian friend. Having known them since birth (and being their godmother), Nicoletta had hit it off very well with the two, earning their love with her little antics.

Soon enough they had arrived at the palace and the moment America stepped out of the car, she plummeted to the ground and had the breath knocked out of her. The red head opened her eyes to see her bestfriend holding her in a bone crushing hug.

"AMERICA YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!!!" She screamed excitedly, her accent difficult to miss when she was screaming in America's ear.

America laughed at her friends energy, attempting loosen her grip so she could breathe. "Uh- Nic? I can't breathe!" America wheezed out.

Nicoletta immediately loosened her grip and giggled.

"Sorry I'm just so excited that your here and not with that cheating son of a-" 

"Nic! The girls are still here you know." America interrupted before she could finish that sentence. Nic's head snaps up to the two girls standing right in front of them.

"Ah, right sorry! Hi Elise and Ellie! You remember who I am right?" She asked while sitting up.

"Of course we do auntie Nic!" Ellie said with a toothy smile before both girls tackle her with a hug, Nic falling back onto the ground.

America joined in on the hug pile, everyone squealing at the extra weight. "Guys, as much as I love hugs, I think we should get up and get going now," the brunette wheezed out. All the girls stood up, following Nicoletta into her humble abode.

When they walked inside they were greeted by a young boy who looked around the twins age. He must've been Nic's son by the look of him. He had the same brown coloured hair and the same green eyes and her as well. But everything else looked more like Adam. (Adam was the prince consort and Nic's husband. They have another child named Liam who's a little older than his brother).

"Hello, what's your name little prince?" America asked the little boy. 

"Elliot" he says shyly. Then he turned to his mom.

"Mommy do you know where daddy is? We were playing hide-n-seek and I can't find him anywhere!" He said slightly frustrated.

"Hmmm let me think, I'm pretty sure I last saw him in the men's room on the second floor. Check there." Nicoletta answered. "If not there then check the kitchen,"

"Can we help you Elliot?" Elise asked, looking at the boy with puppy eyes.

"uh... Sure! Follow me!" He exclaimed and the girls ran off into another hall with him.

America was about to say something but Nicoletta held her hand up, signaling her to remain quiet.

"That was ADORABLE!!" The Italian gushed before regaining her composure.

"Okay so now that they're gone I'll show you to your room and we'll talk about what happened ok?" Nicoletta says, her tone a lot softer than it had been before.

America nodded, the somber feelings returning. She refused to shed anymore tears over him, blinking her eyes to rid of any moisture forming.

Nicoletta opened the door to America's room and it was huge. It had been funny how she always was surprised from the size of it considering she lived in a palace full of huge rooms 

There is a king sized bed in the middle of the room and a side table on either side of it. The window was huge with an awesome view of the gardens in the palace. There is another room on the opposite wall of the desk is a door which America assumed was adjoining to the girls room. 

"Wow... are you sure this is a guest bedroom?" America asked, looking around dumbfoundedly. (A/n: idk if this is a word but it is now lmao)

"Of course it is, I just asked the maids to add a little more... pizzaz to it," Nicoletta smirked playfully.

"They clearly pizzazed it up real nicely. Thank them for me please? I love it," America said, giving her friend a tight hug.

"Don't thank us! You deserve this okay? Now get yourself settled in, I have a meeting to get to once I'm done with that, we will talk then have a little... fun."

Nicoletta was grinning widely at America. One may think that grin is innocent but America knew better. Nicoletta was planning something that was most definitely gonna be fun.

"Gotcha, now get going. Don't keep your advisors waiting." America shooed her friend away, the other groaning before saluting America and walking away into one of the many halls.

America sighed and looked at the room, walking in and face planting into the bed.

Guess this'll be a new start.

************************************

Whoops another edited chapter. This is kinda filler so I'll have the next chapter edited before I post this uwu. Luv ya guys<3!

-H