Sakura Blooms: [Chapter 37]

(A/N: Here's a cute picture to make up for being really late and comment what the OST should be for this chapter.)

The second part of the Exam seemed more intimidating. Team Seven stood in front of the gate, waiting for it to open.

"The Forest of Death seems pretty creepy, —ttebayo." Naruto shuddered, pausing in his fidgeting, thinking of what could be in there.

Sasuke scowled, pushing away any thoughts of turning back or doubt in his team. "Never mind that, we need a solid plan. Sakura, you still have the scroll?"

"Yes, Sasuke," Sakura replied, patting a nonexistent lump around her waist. Does he think I am irresponsible enough to lose the scroll so quickly?

"Hn. Good. It should be opening soon. The plan is to stick together. Teamwork, as Kakashi said."

The pinkette blinked owlishly before nodding. Kakashi, the man that does not even acknowledge my existence. There is not a good reason for me to follow his advice. He told me to cook when I could have been training. "Teamwork, a group of people combined as one for a efficient and effective way of working," she recited.

"Uh, Sakura-chan, are you feeling okay? You haven't done that in a while, —ttebayo." Naruto inched closer and attempted to put his hand on her forehead, but stopped with a look of warning.

"I am fine, Ramen-boy." Orochimaru said he was interested in the Sharingan. In the forest would be a good place to take them, because there are no proctors in there. How befitting, the name.

"C'mon, Sakura-chan! Let's go, —ttebayo!" Naruto dragged her into the Forest of Death as soon as the gates opened.

:::

Sakura glanced at Sasuke, waiting for him to realize the person in front of them was not Naruto. It was very easy for her to tell; the impostor was missing the scratch Naruto received from their second proctor, Anko.

When Anko laid eyes on her, she initiated something she called a 'noogie'. It was not pleasant, Sakura remembered distastefully while the other genin watched in fascination or amusement.

"—the real Naruto. Your transformation jutsu is sloppy!" Sasuke threw a kunai at the fake, which 'Naruto' dodged. Sakura watched the two fight, analyzing their fighting techniques and occasionally calling out an observation that would benefit her teammate.

Then a snake slithered next to her.

:::

"I–won't–die–here, dattebayo!" Naruto made so many clones that the snake he was in burst open, causing the flesh to fly in different directions. "Blech! Snake guts!" As he stomped off to find his team, wiping the blood off of his face while someone watched from above, perched on a thick branch.

"All I wanted to do was go the restroom in peace, dattebayo!"

"Hey, stop here, —ttebayo!"

Both Sasuke and Sakura turned around to look at him scrutinisingly. They waited for an explanation. "It has been a total of ten minutes since this exam began," Sakura commented, staring him down.

Naruto grinned and scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Yeah, but I was waiting for a chance, dattebayo, but didn't have one since Anko burst into the room and stuff."

The man with long dark chuckled when he saw how much chakra the blonde contained. "Oh, Naruto-kun, you have no idea what my Sakura-chan will do..." With that, the Sannin sunk back into the tree and decided to go visit his favorite experiment, and how they were faring on their own against his clone.

:::

"Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu!" A large ball of fire engulfed the pale man. "Hn. That should do it." Sasuke turned to Sakura. "Let's go find Naruto."

"Right." Sakura looked back and watched a new figure emerge from the smoke. "Sasuke."

"What?!" The Uchiha gaped as an exact replica of the man he had just burnt to a crisp come forth. "I swear this man's not human..."

Golden eyes flashed, and both genin immediately froze. Sasuke's dark eyes widened as he felt kunai dig into his side. He looked over to see Sakura in the same situation. "Sasuke...help! I thought you were stronger than this..." Slowly, his hand made way to his kunai pouch. Just a little closer...

:::

"Sakura-chan, it's nice to see you after our encounter. I hope you've learned a technique or two with your Shokuton, hm?"

"Hai, Orochimaru."

"Good, good! This is what will happen when the genjutsu is broken—I will give Sasuke-kun the curse mark. Then, he will pass out, as will Naruto-kun when he returns. I'll make sure of that. Then, I will send one of my little...friends to tell you the plan for our invasion of Konohagakure!"

Sakura nodded slightly. "I understand, Orochimaru. My only purpose is to destroy Konohagakure."

"Good, Experiment 528. His name is Kabuto. You've met—"

Suddenly the conversation was cut, and she found herself being grabbed by her shoulders. "Sakura, are you okay?"

Mutely nodding, she stood, and was about to say something until Sasuke covered her mouth. He turned the other way, muttering to himself how they needed to get out of there. Suddenly, a giant snake, appeared. A summon, she deduced.

"Mphhmph!" Sakura slapped the hand away and threw a single kunai attached to a paper bomb with precision as the snake opened its mouth to eat the two of them.

"Sakura, listen to me." Sasuke grabbed Sakura by the shoulders again and shook her slightly. "We can't win against him! He's way out of our league—AHH!" He fell forward, clutching the back of his neck. Sakura caught him, then looked up at her creator, his long neck returning to its original length.

"I'll be going now. Kabuto will tell you the rest." The genin nodded as Orochimaru disappeared again. Then, she looked to the unconscious boy leaning on her.

I must find Naruto and shelter. In order to serve Orochimaru, I must stay alive. I do not want to fail him.

Sakura carried Sasuke as she jumped from branch to branch, not taking long until she found the blonde. As she approached, she could tell he was also unconscious. Beside him was a giant snake already dead. Sakura stared at the two, now sitting next to each other against a large tree trunk that had mysterious claw marks on it.

I am not physically strong enough to carry both at a time. I will need to find a suitable place first, though, if I am to carry anyone at all.

After a few minutes, she found a rooted structure half-hidden in the ground. This is an ideal place. Before she picked up Sasuke, Sakura hid Naruto with a simple genjutsu and then carried the Uchiha to the place she had found. Sighing, she quickly set him down and brought out her canteen. The pinkette placed the cool towel she had poured water on onto Sasuke's forehead.

When she saw he would be fine, Sakura hurried to retrieve Naruto, and laid him down next to his other teammate. "Snake-man..." He mumbled, than continued to be motionless.

Sakura glanced at the two, side by side, then turned away to set traps that would hopefully deter enemies. It would take a while.

Orochimaru has decided for Sakura not to play a part in the invasion! What will be affected by this decision?

Sakura is setting up traps. Will she have to fight the Sound-nin?