Chapter 22

Victoria

"Alpha, I have a human here that knows of us." Mother tells him as they stand in front of the car. I blush and duck in my seat trying to hide.

Mother opens my door, and on shaky legs I get out of the car the guy or should I say 'Alpha' tall with icy black eyes and blonde hair. Has thick muscles that you could see through his tight white shirt.

"How old?" He asked.

"Almost seventeen the next full moon." Mother replied.

The Alpha tells us to stay here as he walks back into the house, when he comes back there's a miniature him.

"What do you think?" The Alpha asked the guy.

The other guy looked at me instead of the icy black eyes like his father he had bright green ones. He stared me down, I don't back away for feel like shying away like I would everyone else. He was taller than me, but not as tall as his dad.

"She's human." He states.

"You know the rules about humans." The Alpha says.

Sighing like he was annoyed. "Fine she'll be fine as a mate, unless she unable to listen to me." He snaps at his father.

Mother and the Alpha talk as the son drags me into the house and slammed the front door. The house was the same as mothers but with different walks instead of a living space there was just a couch with blankets and pillows throw on it as if someone slept there at night.

He pulls me up the stairs and into a bedroom down the hall these was more than three rooms in this house it was bigger than mothers since there were five rooms and an indoor bathroom.

The door slams behind us, as he drags me into his room. He leaves me and goes back to what looked like he was playing most sort of video game when he was called outside. There was internet here then why didn't my phone work? I long to talk to Taylor but I don't think I ever will again, he doesn't talk to me or even look at me as I stand there awkwardly.

Mother kept me in the attic for my own good. To give me privacy to grief my father, but now that I know their secret I had to become someone's mate. What was a mate? I didn't know i didn't know what I had gotten myself into by looking into those stupid theories.

This was all my fault, I wonder what would happen to Daniel when he finds out that I'm not in the attic when I never will be in the attic, I sighed before sitting down on the end of the bed not bothering to look at the rude wolf in front of me.

Rowan

Pain was the only thing I felt, the Hunters kept trying to get me to tell them what mother planned on doing with Victoria why were so worried about her? I kept saying that I didn't know but they thought I was lying.

I wasn't mother never told any of us, we didn't even tell me i had a twin. Owen who hasn't even woken from the silver lays next to me bloody, beaten worse looking than I did.

I try not to make a lot of noise as the Hunters put a knife in wolfsbane something that could hurt me but not fully kill me, it was like silver to me but it won't hurt Owen. They - I should say he - walked towards me.

"Where is she?" He growled at me

"She had to go into town!" I yelled at him. "She'll be back soon."

Sighing as if he couldn't stand the sight of me in hit me in the head with the end of the gun in his hand that I didn't see knocking me out.

Daniel

I watch from the woods as that wolf girl's mother walks through the door of her house, Victoria nowhere to be seen. Did she kill her? I thought panic fills me at that thought.

I hear her call for her children and I smirk I already know what she is going to find, the Hunters that had attacked Owen after I brought Rowan to the woods, they crashed through two windows and kicked down a door, there was blood from Owen and the Hunters.

They left a note saying that she could have her children for Victoria. If she didn't give us her we'd kill her children I was itching to put a bullet in Rowan's head, I sort of wanted to see if she'd say no.

I watched as she runs to the woods, she lets out a loud scream that soon turns into howls of pain. I laugh at her, she must be half shifted since she can't fully shift until the full moon and she was about forty so she couldn't shift after about forty three I think it was.

I sighed and got up from where I was sitting in a tree, I knew better than to hide on the forest floor. I start making my way to the truck that was going to take me back to my compound.

"Has she returned?" Carly asks me as soon as I get in.

"Only the mother Victoria wasn't with her." I tell her.

I don't look at her I didn't need her to see the worry I had for someone i had only just met. There was something about her that made me what to get to know her, let her in, hold her in my arms. I don't know if I was falling in love, I hope I wasn't the last time I did it ended with me being heartbroken.