Chapter 14

I slammed the window as soon as I got inside, I didn't know who those people were or what was going to happen next but now I had a lot of questions about myself and what the hell happened. I didn't understand my father was a teacher, we lived in a big city. I went to a normal highschool had normal friends. Now I live in the middle of nowhere, with Werewolves and Hunters running around. What was next witches and vampires?

This way crazy I paced and paced I was going to wait to see if mother and my siblings came back home or when but I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I know and knock my door was waking me up.

I groan as I pick myself up off the floor, I didn't really look at myself the night before but I had some scratches on my knees, and some bruises I also had some scratches on the palms of my hands from the trees that I was climbing.

My ears are still kind of picking up every little noise something that I wouldn't I have been able to do something definitely was different about me. I couldn't stop running over what Daniel had said about what I did for Rose, I couldn't be a Hunter my father lived in a big city, was there a different type of Hunters? Could it be possible my father was a Vampire Hunter? Vampire would be in a big city. If it was true. If my father was a werewolf Hunter would we live around them?

I quickly change into pants as I hear Owen and Rowan walk up the stairs, I opened my door a crack praying that it won't make a noise. Rowan was covered in blood as she had some bruises on the side of her her ribs she was also naked. It never occurred to me that she could have been the wolf that was attacking Rose who I ended up attacking in order to save her life. Did I hurt her?

Would she remember any of this? Would she look at me and know that I was the one who hit her with a rock? Owen comes up the stairs next and I quickly close my door he too was naked and that was something I did not want to see I lend against the the door listening for the sound of two bedroom doors closing before I walked out to help mother with breakfast.

Mother doesn't say anything forgot my sudden choice wear pants, even though it was cold outside the attic was always really hot so I was always in shorts. I was doing my best to keep my palms from showing I didn't need her to see the scratches and know that I had snuck out.

I wouldn't explain last night, to myself or to anyone really even though I knew the truth about everything I wasn't scared, I could look at my family and still see them the same, well almost now that I knew the truth their eyes which were already a weird cold gold stood out more, and I could tell they were different from regular humans.

I sighed as I set some more meat on the table, I really should have seen this coming. Owen came down first smirking at me as he brush that's my shoulder, I tense he usually stayed away from me. I didn't understand what he was trying to do or maybe he knew that I knew what they were and he wanted to see if I was afraid of him which I wasn't though i don't I understand last night was. I knew that if they wanted to hurt me they wouldn't have waited so long too.

"Morning," Owen says smiling at me as he sits down at his spot at the table.

I raised a brow at him, he was always yelling at his sister not to talk to me because for some reason it wasn't allowed at the table, and he was breaking mother's rules by talking to me.

"Owen," mother snapped from the kitchen. "No talking at the table."

"Oh mother, Victoria has been here almost a month isn't it time that we got to know her?" Owen says.

Mother stomps into the room and gives Owen a dark look before stopping back into the kitchen and grabbing a bowl off the counter and slamming it down on the kitchen table. Rowan comes down the stairs slowly she was slightly limping, and I knew then that it was her, I had attacked last night.

I felt slightly guilty about it because I'm pretty sure she didn't know what she was doing she was just allowing her wolf to take over her mind and body and her love was ready to hunt to feast on anything to find, and the first thing it did find was human.

Thinking about all this brought more questions to me on what Daniel and Rose were talking about me being a Hunter I didn't understand why they would just because I tried to say Roses life, if she was a Hunter like Daniel wouldn't she have instance like he did the fight the wolf off?

And what did they mean when they said they were going to keep in touch? I never left the house so we won't go to be able to talk. I don't eat much for breakfast I just keep pushing it around to my plate my appetite was gone as the questions that I've been going over and over all night long have been driving me crazy.

So what am I supposed to do now that I know the truth? Could I go and tell mother that I knew and she can stop locking me in the attic? Would she allow me to roam the village if she knew I knew what they were? What happens now? I don't even know what to do.

Mother notices that I'm not eating. "What's the matter Victoria?" She asks me

"I'm not all that hungry," I tell her. It was true, I wasn't really hungry even though I should be but the thought of food. Didn't sit right with my stomach.

Mother doesn't look happy at that and Owen smirk gets bigger. "Why ever not?" She snaps. She probably didn't like that I was wasting food. I spent the first couple of days not eating because of the sudden move and the loss of my father, but now she was going to make me.

"I'm not feeling all that well haven't been sleeping well," I lied I couldn't tell her the truth I wasn't ready.

Mother gets up and puts her hand over my forehead and mumble something under her breath. "You're warm," she said calmly to me " how about you go back upstairs and go take a nap and see if you feel better after?"

I only nod at her, I was tired after barely getting any sleep last night. Mother was being kind, after all she didn't know just yet that i know what everyone was.