Chapter 12

Lousia

It was once again the night of a full moon, and I paced unsure how tonight was going to plan out. Last time was okay since Victoria was new to the village, now she's been here a month and two weeks, she had started asking questions about these meetings.

"Why do they only fall on the full moon?" She asked yesterday at dinner.

Rowan had stopped eating and stared with wide eyes, Owen looked as if he were expecting this he might as well have been since he's been wanting her gone, since she came here. I wonder if he had anything to do with this, but I wasn't really going to get into it if she found out, she found out.

I rubbed head a headache was forming, I am terrified of going to the Alpha and telling her that I was hiding the human on our land not knowing that she was part Hunter but I was more worried about next month she should be turning 17. She's going to find out she's a Werewolf Hunter then what can I do?

I could still kill her but she was still my daughter and I've grown to love her, which was stupid and dangerous I really should hate her, she going to put my family in danger.

I wonder if any of the Hunters have sense her yet, like a witch drawn to other witches magic. Werewolf Hunters were drawn to each other as well another thing us werewolves understand.

"I don't know the community's leaders and just like it to be on the full moon." I answered her I didn't know how else to say.

"Why can't I go then?" She says after a few minutes.

"What did I say last time?" I snapped at her.

She sighs but doesn't ask anymore questions which I'm thankful for. Why couldn't I have said no? Why did I risk being her here?

*********

Victoria

It was finally the night of the full moon, mother and the rest of them left not too long ago. I was going to follow them but I didn't want to be seen, after I'm sure they were out of sight of the house I went over to the window Axel was waiting for me by the window. I don't know exactly what he was doing but he watched me as I climb down and then disappeared into the house.

Once my feet hit the forest floor I was glad that I didn't break my neck in the fall because it was a long way down from the second floor, but I easily landed on my feet.

I let all the shaky breath glad that I didn't break my ankle being the klutz I am surprised big time. I follow the way I saw mother go, I had no clue where I was going but I really wanted to test theories that I had.

As I try to follow after mother and my siblings without getting lost. They walked really fast and I kept stumbling over fallen trees and roots, mother was a little bit slower since she kept looking at the full moon that was hidden behind some clouds.

I didn't know that I wasn't walking alone or that I had someone following after me until they nearly ran into me, I kept trying to walk faster until they spoke.

"Hey!" They called not too loud to be heard. "Wait a second." I know I shouldn't stop I'm not supposed to be out here. What if he's a werewolf?

I turned to look at a boy who looked around my age or a little older was hard to see in the dark but judging by the breadth of his shoulders, his arms were a dark brown, like he was in the sun way too much.

"Where are you going?" He asked his voice was a lot deeper when he was up close.

Seeing him closer than before, and as much as I can see in the dark, made me realize he wasn't just dark-skinned and broad-shoulder he was really cute. He had a strong nose and full lips, shaggy brown hair that fell into his eyes.

"I think I'm lost." I lied

He doesn't say much more just fallen into step with me. I didn't know him I wondered if he was from the village was that why he was following me? Was he a werewolf?

"Where are you going?" I asked him after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"I'm hunting." He says

I stopped walking in shock almost tripping over a bush that I didn't see in the dark clouds were taking their time to move over the moon. The guy caught me before I landed on my butt.

"Hunting what?" I asked. What could he be hunting right now?

He smirks. "Wouldn't you like to know?" He teases. I have a feeling I know what your hunting I think to myself.

"Um yeah i would." I said crossing my arms. I wasn't going to let him know I was onto him.

"The names Daniel." He says changing the subject. Jerk wasn't going to say anything else.

"Victoria." I say knowing I should lie in case he was a werewolf and knew my mother. I didn't care let Mother know I knew what could she do?

Daniel goes to say something but gets cut off by a howl ripping through the air, I duck in fright not even knowing why. I wasn't that easy of a person to scare it was probably because it was dark out and my theory is on werewolves were just confirmed to be true.

"Hey I'll see you around," Daniel says and like a blink of an eye he was gone.

Seriously he just leaves me here in the woods for mythical creatures to eat me? And here I was confirmed by the fact that there were werewolves and werewolf Hunters I'm pretty sure he was one what else would he be doing out here in the middle of the woods? Wouldn't he be with the rest of the people to be shifting?

I looked up at the moon which was at its fullest point or I thought since I was hearing screaming and howls throughout the woods. I need to get back to the house before any of the wolves started hunting, it said in some of the research that werewolves were different in wolf form saying that they were hungry and needed meat.

Mother likes to cook anything with meat in it a week before the full moon and doesn't stop until after, that probably should have been a dead give away when I read the article artifact that werewolves need meat before and after the change, to keep their humans selfs alive during the painful shift. One thing I haven't heard since the moon came through screams of someone shifting.

And now I was going to get killed trying to see what I should have seen all along. I was stupid. I was going to get killed and then mother would for sure know I knew what she was.