Chapter 21

Louisa

"What did you say? I asked her.

I could feel my eyes widen in shock I can't believe this my worst fear is finally coming true about her finding out about us but I guess I couldn't keep it from her with her being a Hunter.

"I know what you are." She says.

"No you don't." I tried denying if I could just hold off a longer than her saying the words that I know she was about to say I could keep her safe.

"I know that your a -" I cut her off before she can finish your sentence.

"Do you know why I locked you in the attic when you first moved in?" I asked her.

The question seems to throw her off whatever she was going to say. "Why?" She asks me after a few moments

"It was to keep you safe, both your father and I agreed to never let you come live with me I'm never to let you meet me to keep you safe you never got to know your sister because I didn't want you to know what I was." I explain. "I just wanted you to be safe, I just couldn't go without one of my children. Doesn't mean I loved your sister more than you just meant I couldn't be alone. Not when I needed someone the most. Your father was a Hunter he's duty was to kill me when he found out. He couldn't so we both agreed."

"Is that why there's Hunters out there in the woods saying that I'm one of them? Huh why lock me in the attic and not explaining to me the reason? Why can't you just tell me that you didn't want me living here to keep me safe I could have found somewhere else to go!" She says emotion thick in her voice.

"I don't know I just . . . . you're my baby I still love you just because it's not safe for you to be here." I tell her shamefully.

"Whatever mother." She spat at me. "I want the truth and I want it now I'm tired of all this lying."

I sighed deeply. "Okay." I tell her

I knew this was going to be a long drive so instead of going to the hotel that I had paid for for the night I just started making my way home.

"I met your father on a mission we were both hunting the same werewolf pack and we both love up then and we were at the age of eighteen. It was natural to fall in love than or to get married by 19 because Hunters didn't live very long our job is very dangerous and it took our lives young." I tell her she nods her head telling me to continue.

"We had been married for a year when I unexpectedly ended up pregnant, it wasn't uncommon since we had kind of been trying but gave up after a few months we were just going to continue our job especially with so many Hunters down if I had gotten pregnant when I wanted to I would have been on leave until the baby was born. I didn't know I was pregnant with twins when I got attacked by a werewolf."

"I knew that your father would want me killed even if he had known that I was pregnant which I had not gotten the chance to tell him about when it happened so I ran and hid or where we're living now. Stumbling upon the pack the Alpha made me choose a mate out of it to keep me from getting into trouble, we later lied and said that I was pregnant with his children."

"When you and Rowan were born i saw the color change in your eyes knowing that you were a Hunter. Rowan didn't so that's why I sent you to live with your father."

"Father talked a lot about you through when you were pregnant." Victoria says.

"Yes, but he was retelling stories from when I was pregnant with a boy who later died because of complications." I tell her.

*****

Victoria

I thought everything over look what mother had told me I couldn't get the shaking feeling it she was leaving something out. Maybe I just couldn't deal with the fact that once she knew that she was pregnant and was going to be a werewolf she ran.

She didn't even bother trying my dad that he was going to be a father. Why did he lie to me after oh so long? Was he trying to keep me from getting hurt? Or did he know that he was going to die along? I knew that we all died someday but was his death really an accident or was on the murder?

And if it was a murder that really killed him? I had so much stuff to think about I didn't even notice when we got home. It was early morning I had stayed up the whole night. Mother went to get Owen and Rowan to come help us but when she returned she was alone and generally worried.

"What is it mother?" I asked.

"I need to take you to see the Alpha." she says in a rush, quickly using speed I never seen before she gets the car unloaded.

I get back in as she drives, something occurred to me then I don't know why I came so late but she has had a car the whole time she is going to have come and pick me up instead of making me walk through the woods when I first arrived here.

Seriously why couldn't she just picked me up in a car instead of the hike? Was it because she wanted to walk through the woods? I try to remember what type of werewolf she was I knew of two types a Lycan and was just a normal wolf. One who could shift whenever pleased and one that could only turn on the full moon.

I thought about it before remembering that a Lycan as bitten or scratched. Mother had been scratched, was Rowan born a wolf? Was that why mother couldn't tell if she was a Hunter's baby?

The short car ride is silence just like on the way to the store. Mother tells me to stay in the car as she walks up to a cabin looking house the village still looked like a summer camp.

"What?" An angry voice snapped loudly before a tall man with black hair and cold dark eyes started walking towards the car.