Chapter 16

I burst out laughing as soon as the door closes, Daniel slowly makes his way out from under the couch bed thing. He looks at me with a 'you're crazy look', it only makes me laugh harder. I try to quiet myself that way mother does come back up to catch on me.

I never had a boyfriend before but here I was hiding a guy under my couch? I thought still not knowing what to call the stupid thing. Not only was he the first guy I ever really talked to, but one I barely knew him and I allowed him in my room and then I was almost caught with having a boy in my room.

"What?" Daniel finally snaps at me.

"You're the first guy I've really ever been around." I giggled. I knew I shouldn't have told him that but I didn't care.

My dad used to joke that I was into girls because I never dated or even had a crush I mostly spend my time with one person Taylor. I never paid that much attention to guys i was usually hanging out with Taylor or had my nose stuck in a book.

"I don't believe that." Daniel says.

We were both sitting on the floor either one of us had moved since getting out from underneath the couch. Axel was still in my hand clearly annoyed with me that I hadn't let him go since he was starting to fight is way out of my hand.

I set him down before slowly getting up and stretching I make my way over to the window. "Its time from you to go." I said as I opened it.

"It hasn't even been an hour and you're already trying to kick me out." Daniel jokes.

"Ha ha, but what if my mother comes back?" I asked him.

Daniel sighed, "I suppose but don't think that I won't be back, just next time we're meeting on my terms, not yours." He says as he climbs out the window. Like this was my terms of meeting.

There wasn't a tree or something from him to jump to to get off the second floor from a window. But he doesn't need anything like a ladder or anything that would break his fall, when he jumps off the ledge of the window and lands peacefully on his feet.

I sighed in relief as soon as he was gone, he had disappeared into the trees that I didn't care where he went. My head was spinning with more thoughts of me being a Hunter I don't understand how that was even possible my father was a professor who lived in a big city, my thoughts kept coming back to the same ones i was thinking before. If my father was some kind of Werewolf Hunter wouldn't he have lived in a small town around woods like I'm living in right now?

I groan before falling back on my bed, God I needed to call it something other than a couch or bed, it was confusing the hell out of me half the time I had more important things to focus on this stupid thing but no matter how many times I sat on it or how many times I was around it I always called it a couch bed thing whatever it was. Axel was probably mad at me because as soon as I put him down he went running to one of his holes and hasn't come out made to sound.

I thought back to how I was almost caught having a guy in my room, what would mother have thought? Or what would she have done if she had found out he was a hunter? I didn't know what she was going to do to me if she had that I knew what they were and I was kind of afraid to find out but this leads to my suspicion, I was living in a house full of werewolves in the next full moon I was for sure they were going to lie to me again and say they were going to some meetings when really they were shifting into the wolves.

Why couldn't mother just tell me? What was with the secrecy is not like they're someone I could tell. I don't even go outside, I wasn't even allowed to wander the village it was stuck inside this freaking house all day everyday 24/7 it was killing me. I hated being in the house all the time I've scared at the same four walls for almost a month now, I wanted to do something exciting maybe I should just accept the terms that maybe I was a hunter that way I could leave without mother knowing.

I hope that Daniel didn't make me kill any wolves, I don't think I was ready for that even though I did help save Rose. I still couldn't believe that I may or may not be a hunter how's that even possible if my father was a professor? Was he living a double life? Or was he retired since he had me? I had so many unbelievable questions that I didn't even know where to start, I'd even know if his death was natural anymore I know what could have caused the car accident was he just driving home from work? Or did someone purposely run into him?

I paced the room as I kept trying to calm my thoughts when the door opened and Owen came back in, I stared at him before glaring at him, I couldn't help it I was still mad at him all he's done since I've come here was make sure to make a full-on unwelcome now there he was in my room.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"Where is he?" Owen asked.

I looked at him at him in confusion not understanding what he was talking about.

"Who?" I asked him having no idea what the hell he was talking about.

"Don't play stupid!" He yelled at me. I flinch in fear. I knew what happens when werewolves extremely angry.

"I'm not! I don't know what your talking about." I asked him angrily.

"Yes, you do where's the Hunter?" Owen asked.

I keep my expression schooled so he doesn't see that my eyes widen a little, I was hoping that I gave nothing away on to what he was talking about. I don't know how he knew that Daniel had been here.