Realize (10)

Okay, so I told you guys that I'm going to dedicate this chapter to the comment I find interesting. And so I'm going to dedicate this to xxPigletxx because I agree with her. Todd and Maxine's moms are awesomely masterminds in getting Todd and MAxine together. Hahaha! :D

Without further ado, the 10th chapter!!

_________________________________________

In Chicago, Kim was watching cartoons and eating ice cream in the living room. She was so devastated to how unreasonable her 'childhood friends' were. Brian noticed this as he walked in the living room.

"What's up?" he asked.

"They're not as nice as I expected," answered Kim grouchily.

"Okay . . ." he said slowly. "We're still going tomorrow, right?"

"I don't think I'll be able to control my temper if I got the bad luck of seeing them again," she replied quietly.

"Don't worry." He grinned at Kim. "You have me."

Kim couldn't help but smile. She stood up and hugged Brian. "Thanks, Brie."

The next day, Brian and Kim went to the carnival together. Nobody could deny that they looked like a very cute couple. Kim enjoyed the time she spent with Brian. At last she was forgetting how horrible yesterday turned out to be. But she spoke too soon.

Sam and Emma passed by, seeing them. The two girls quickly noticed how good-looking Brian was.

"Hey, there's a popcorn booth," noticed Brian. "D'you want me to get some for us?" he asked Kim. She nodded.

And so Brian went to the popcorn booth, while Kim waited for him. Sam and Emma took this chance and went to Kim, wearing curious looks on their faces.

"Who's the hunk?" asked Sam.

"Does he study at Sky, too?" inquired Emma.

"I'm sorry," said Kim gently. "It's not wise to share information with his admirers."

With that, she left Sam and Emma with their mouth hanging open.

"What the — did you just — I can't believe — how dare she — let's go!" commanded Sam, dragging Emma with her.

Brian and Kim sat at a Café, when Sam and Emma joined them. Both girls settled themselves beside Brian.

"Hey, handsome," growled Sam seductively. "What's your name? I'm Sam."

Brian winced. "Uh . . . Brian," he said. He leaned to Kim and whispered, "Do you know them?"

"They're the ones I was talking about," Kim whispered back.

"I'm Emma, how do you know Kat?" asked Emma, nodding to Kim.

"Her name's Kim," corrected Brian coldly. "I'm her best friend."

"Brie, can I leave you alone?" Kim asked Brian eyeing Sam and Emma.

"I think so," said Brian slowly. "Why?"

"I've got to do something for mother. Don't worry, I'll be fine," added Kim when Brian gave her a look. She hurriedly stood up and ran. She stopped in front of an old man, catching her breath. She took several deep breaths and composed herself.

"Excuse me, sir. Are you Mr. Cole?" she asked the old man, who looked as though he was a mayor of an small town.

"Why, yes," nodded Mr. Cole. "Who is asking?"

"Kim Nickerson, sir. I'm the daughter of Samantha Nickerson. She wanted me to send her love, because she couldn't come for the festival."

"Sammy? Oh, I miss that child . . ." said Mr. Cole looking back a few decades ago. When he returned to the present day, he stared at Kim and smiled. "You have her looks, m'dear. I remember back then, when you were still a baby . . . Oh, the happy days . . . Have you strolled the whole plaza?" he suddenly asked.