Realize (9)

Back in New York, Maxine was doodling notes in her room, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," said Maxine, extremely bored.

"TA-DAH!" sang Natalie, waltzing in the room. She was carrying a white dress that seemed to be usually worn by the Princesses in fairy tale movies.

Maxine gasped as soon as her eyes landed on the dress. "What is that?" she asked in a horrified expression. It was one thing for her to wear simple dresses, but a whole another for her to wear something so . . . extravagant. "What is it doing in my room?"

"There's a Royal Ball in February," explained Natalie, going over to Maxine's closet and hanging the dress inside. "Isn't it just beautiful? It's especially-made," she added, as she stepped back to admire the details of the gown. Then, she turned to the frozen Maxine. "I know it's still early but Janice and I have decided to let you attend with Todd."

☺ ♪ ☺ ♫ ☺ ♪ ☺

"What?!" roared Todd, after hearing his Mom's announcement about the Royal Ball. "But, Mom –"

"No buts," interrupted Janice with a final tone. "Don't even think about protesting, young man," she added when Todd opened his mouth. "Your father and I have already discussed it. We are –"

"Dad agreed?" cut off Todd in utter disbelief. He knew – as well as his mother – that when his father agreed to something, there was no changing it. Not even the chance to negotiate.

"Yes," answered Janice. "We are all looking forward to it. You don't have to look horrified — Yes, I can tell that you're horrified!" she added when Todd raised an eyebrow. "Brian and Kim will be there. And I'm sure almost all of the students in Sky will be there. So, instead of thinking about the negative things about it, why not look at the positive aspects of it and behave?"

"Positive aspects?" repeated Todd, still with a raised eyebrow. "I don't see how dressing up for no apparent reason can be a positive aspect."

_________________________________________

Hehe.. Excited for the Royal Ball? Well, that won't happen until quite later in the story. Sorry. *evil laugh*

Update: Forgot to say, looks like a LOT of you guys like Karl and Todd. Hahaha! How about for favorite character so far? And why? Choose just one. I'm in the mood to dedicate the next chapter to the comment I find the most... interesting. ;)

Note: Next chapter's going to be about Brian and Kim! Watch out for this. ;)

Upload: I upload on weekends. ^_^

Please Comment and Vote -- if you like!! ^_^