Chapter 6: Light Blue

Dedicated to McSsquishy, Happeh Birthday!

-----

UnderSwap

"PAPYRUS! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT HERE, WE GOTTA GO ON PATROL!"

A deep yawn was heard from the bedroom.

Blue felt excited today.
He had this sensation in his core that something astounding would happen today, and what else could it be but finally capturing a human?

"what's got you so hyper, bro?" The elder skeleton drawled, opening the door to face him.

"TODAY'S THE DAY I'LL CAPTURE A HUMAN, I KNOW IT!" Blue responded.

Stretch stuffed his hands into his hoodie,

"oh really? you got that feeling, eh?"

"MHM! WE HAVE TO GO NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!"

As Blue whirled around, dashing to the front door, he collected a small, orb-like object with a strong yet chalky aqua hue.

The adorable skeleton had brought it home the other day, and when Stretch asked about it, all the response he got was "It's from a friend"

He shrugged and followed his younger sibling outside.

---

Blue and Stretch headed off to their respective stations.
Along the way, the former felt a slight tingling in his pouch, where the orb was located.

"EH?" Blue pulled out the orb, and in the snowy light it seemed to glow.

After a few seconds of checking, he replaced in back in the pouch.

"PAPY, COULD YOU GO ON AHEAD? I NEED TO JUST, UH, D-DOUBLE CHECK MY TRAPS!" Blue bluffed, starting to edge away.

"alright then?" Stretch raised an eyebrow, but allowed the other to run into the trees, the complete opposite of where the nearest traps were laid.

As the lanky, orange-clad skeleton stumbled through the slushy pathways of the forest, he contemplated how Blue had started acting weirdly, especially since he got the strange orb.
Just then, he had gotten a decent look at it, and it resembled a sort of marble, the exact colour of Blue's battle body and magic.

Blue would often take the marble with him when he felt on or near the ends of the emotional spectrum, and occasionally Stretch had seen him take it into his room, and later he would hear what sounded like him just talking... To himself?