Chapter 3: Entrophy, Chaos and Decay

Mettaton Legs + Gaster cuz WHY THE HECK NOT

So just thought I'd tell you. In my story, Monster Candy is the one thing that monsters of every kind can consume, even amalgamates, skeletons etc. What texture would it be? Like brittle, hard candy.

Darker Yet Darker Arc begins now

-----

Undertale

Ketchup Sans sat, curled up in his room, on his bed.
Ink had told him to stay on standby until he gave word, or an emergency happened and he needed help.
A silver phone was in his hand, with Ink's new contact number among the list of his friends.
He vaguely recalled Ink's dialogue.

"don't use your powers unless in a dire emergency. do you promise?"
"i promise." Ketchup replied, soon followed by a, "so what do these powers do, exactly?"

Sans was teleported back home, without warning after a hushed assurance from Ink, saying that he'll learn when it is the time.
That really put him off.
He was about to send another text to Ink, when the arty skeleton replied to all his previous spams.

(Italics is Ink and Regular is Classic.)

"ketchup, what's the matter?"
"nothing much, just bored"
"then why are you spamming me with "help me plz" and "i'm in dire need of assistance" messages?"
"i need you to help me overcome my boredom"
*Silence*
"ink?"
*More silence*

Ketchup put away his phone after waiting for Ink to reply.
It was obvious he wasn't going to answer anymore.
Sans was about to take a nap, when a loud knock bellowed from the other side of his door, nearly frightening him to dust.

"SANS! ARE YOU IN THERE?" Papyrus shouted, clearly in distress.
"yea, bro. whaddaya need?" The elder skeleton replied as he opened the door.
"I HAVE TO RETURN A FEW BOOKS TO THE LIBRARY, AND I CAN'T FIND THE LAST ONE. IS IT IN YOUR ROOM?" Questioned the first.
"i dunno. guess i've only got my "shelf" to blame." Sans adds, with a cheesy wink.

"SANS, CAN'T YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY?!?" Papyrus groans.
"what, don't you find my puns "humerus"?" The elder skeleton countered.
"NYEEEEEAAAAAA!" The younger yelled.
I kid you not, Sans was rapidfiring his pun bank at the other skeleton.

And so they continued on idly chatting, until Papyrus stopped the puns.
"BROTHER, THAT IS ENOUGH, HAVE YOU GOT THE BOOK IN YOUR ROOM OR NOT?"
"nope."
"DID YOU EVEN CHECK?!?"
"nope"
"... YOU KNOW WHAT, KEEP THE DANG THING. I'LL JUST EXPLAIN TO THE LIBRARBIAN."
"don'tcha mean "librarian"?"
"NO, THE SIGN CLEARLY SAYS "LIBRARBY, SO COMMON SENSE WOULD INDICATE THE WORD "LIBRARBIAN"".
"alright then, whatever floats your boat."

* interesting fact, the book was about sailing.
Ayyyyyy

And with that, the two parted ways.
One took off to the library, and the other waddled downstairs to have something to eat.
While he was munching on a couple of Monster Candies, Sans wondered when something exiting would happen.
He was tired of waiting around.
The small renmants of candy that escaped his lazily-chewing mouth fell to the floor around him, and underneath, a strange, black shadow creature was sneakily absorbing the portions of food.

Greetings, my dear, dear son.

Do not worry, Father will be home soon.

* kinky-
nO!

Sans got up from the couch as fast as lightning and spun around as a glitched voice echoed through the room.

But first, please feed me.

I'm so hungry...

Then the confused skeleton cautiously peered down and discovered an black shadow replacing his own.
"u-uh... ink? that you?" He whispers.

I'm afraid that is not who your are talking to.

Oh please... Could you spare a piece of that?

He was too scared to do otherwise, so he broke off a large chunk of Monster Candy and dropped it to the floor with a shaking hand.
The shadowy figure arranged itself so that three gaps in it formed what seemed like a smile, as the broken piece sank into the shaded teal and purple carpet.

Why thank you. Sans.

"thank you for what? the candy?"

You have just caused the demise of all monsterkind, be proud of yourself.

"WHAT?!?"

Everyone will know your name.
Well, every survivor, at least.
Not that there will be many.

Out of the ground slithered a black, sludge-like form.
From it's center emerged a sickly pale white bone mask, a crack spreading from each eyehole and a smile of one who might be completely insane.

That Monster Candy you just gave me replenished my life force, so that I could relive in this world as it's deathbringer.

Before another word got in, the figure slid back into the ground, and a shaking earthquake began.
Sans immediately tried to call Ink, as he hurriedly dialed his number.

BUT NOBODY CAME

On the contrary, Ink's side.

The Multiverse

Ink was travelling his way back from the multiverse, when he couldn't help but feel a shift in the air.
Like, some sort of uncalled for change.
"ketchup!" He immediately thought, before whipping out his brush and painting a portal to Undertale.
"ketchup are you-" Ink began, before seeing that the entire kitchen was coated in a thick layer of black goop.

Ketchup was standing, no, looming in the middle of the room, a dead expression on his face, yet still creepily grinning from eye socket to eye socket.
He was also covered in the black goop.

"well, one thing for sure. that is not my puke." Ink thought.
"Hello there, "Ink". I have been expecting you." A voice that was surely not Sans' echoed from his skull, as the figure slowly looked up, expression not changing.
The scared skeleton held out his brush as he stood his ground and fearfully asked,
"who- what are you, and what did you do to everyone?"

"Well, I guess you will see."

This chapter has been edited.

Updates:
-Since I updated the names in the last chapter, I gotta do the same here
-Fixed a few spelling/punctuation mistakes
-Added Arc beginning notification

Special Effects Update:
-Added italics for author's notes
-Probably going to change the texting scene later

Update v3 (which im going to call the hiatus update i guess):
-General revision
-Made it so the mountain isn't going to collapse because I don't like that idea anymore
-Added more notes because looking back on this makes me laugh
-Fixed some of the spacing
-Finally got to changing the texting part (and by that i mean getting rid of the underline and that's it)
-Added extra to headcannon about monster candy at the top
- Gave Ketchup an asterisk before speech during fourth-wall breaks