Chapter 28 - Edited Once

Start from the beginning

"That's nice. What about you?" I asked.

"I have to watch you." He replied but did not sound like he was forced to watch me.

"I know, but what I meant is that what would you do if I wasn't here? I know you have a life. I hope it's a fun one."

He rolled his eyes. "I do have a fun life. In fact, I will take you somewhere when we finish eating," he announced, and I got excited.

"Yes, where to?" I asked; then, he sat beside me and handed me the delicious waffles.

"You'll have to wait," he replied, and I pouted. Guess I'll wait.

~~~

We were on our way to his destination. "Come on! Tell me, dude," I said, and he sighed.

"We are almost there. Just be quiet, will ya?" He rolled his eyes, but then I saw a slight grin. I looked back at the road, and five minutes later, I saw a green field. It wasn't small, and it wasn't too big. We hopped out of the car and walked through the chairs and benches to see a group of small cute boys playing soccer. They are so freaking cute.

"Wanna play with them?" I heard Jaxon ask, and I nodded. They were around five to six years old, then I saw their coach. He was young, around the late twenties, maybe? When he saw us, he waved. I looked at Jaxon and saw him wave back. So they know each other.

We walked toward him, and he smiled. "Hey Leo, how have you been?" Jaxon hugged him in a brotherly hug.

"Good, Jax. I haven't seen you in forever," Leo replied. Then he saw me. I held my hand for him to shake, and he did not hesitate. "Well, hello, beautiful lady. I'm Leonardo. You can call me Leo," he introduced himself, and I smiled. He seems like a carefree person.

"Hi, I'm Ariel. Nice to meet you," I replied, then I looked at Jaxon.

Jaxon

I saw Ariel and Leo talking, and I smiled. "So Jaxon, is she your girlfriend? Because if yes, you choose well, mate," Leo asked, and I blushed.

"No," I replied without looking into her eyes. But I wish she was.

She's perfect in her imperfections.

She's smart.

She's confident.

She's caring.

She's beautiful.

She's fun.

She's beautiful.

Wait, I said that.

"He wishes he was," I heard Ariel say with a smirk on her face. She's right.

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "No, she wishes to be with this," I pointed at my body with a smirk. I saw her blush a little, and Leo laughed.

"Well, I see there might be a future for you two." He teased, and we were both blushing. Dude, really?

Leo was 36. He was married and had two beautiful little girls. Leo was a close friend to my family but was out of the country with his family when my parents died. He was coaching a well-known team that won a golden cup. When he knew about my parent's death, he tried to convince me to live with him, but I refused his kind offer and depended on myself.

"Do you wanna play?" Leo asked Ariel, and she nodded with her warm smile. I used to play here a lot with these kids. They were so adorable and could play. They are all around six years old, but they played pretty well.

"Okay, let's go," I said then we headed to the group of boys resting. Good thing the weather is clear. It's a little chilly, but it's bearable.

Leo whistled and grabbed the boys' attention. When they saw me, they ran and hugged me. You know how little kids are... They hold your legs and don't let go. Like little monkeys. "Hey boys, how are you?" I asked while ruffling their hair.

"Good," they replied in unison. One of them tugged my pants and waved for me to come closer. I bent down, so I was on his face level. "Who is She? She's pretty," he asked with a blush. So innocent.

I stood up and put my hand on her shoulder. "She's Ariel. She will play with us today. Do you mind?" I asked, and they shook their heads pretty quickly. I guess they like her already.

"Hi guys, I hope we can be friends." She bent down so she was at their level.

"Of course," one of them replied, then hugged her.

These kids move fast.

Faster than you, Jaxon.

After we split into two teams, we started playing. I was against Ariel. And I have to admit, she has swift moves.

"Let's go, boys," she called as she stole the ball from me. Wait, what? No fair. I was distracted by... Her.

She ran to the goal and kicked in but not hard. She didn't want to hurt the little boy protecting the net, but he was not afraid of the ball and tried to deter it, yet he failed.

"Goal!" Ariel yelled along with the boys, happy smiles on their cheerful faces. She ran to me to make me feel like a loser, but as she got near, she tripped and fell on me. The sudden impact made me lose my balance, so we fell on the wet grass.

"Ouch," I groaned, and she opened her beautiful blue eyes and stared at me. We were too close, and I felt her breath on my lips.

"I'm sorry," she said but was still on me. I saw Leo rush towards us, but then we heard the boys laugh at us.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss! Be a man and kiss her. Come on, Jax!" They yelled, and she blushed a deep red.

I did not know what was wrong with me because my following action surprised us and made Leo smirk.

I kissed her.

On the lips.

••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••••

Hey guys♕

They kissed!!!

How do you feel about this chapter? 

I hope you vote and comment =)