Chapter 9 - Edited Once

Davin (Ariel's big brother)

I slept peacefully after a long night working in my office on a tough case. Still, when I cracked my eyes open and looked at the clock on my nightstand, I was utterly awakened by Adrian's unusual crying. I was surprised and alarmed because for a kid his age, he never, and I mean never, cried in the mornings. That's why I, no, we all rose up from our beds and rushed to his room, panicked. I have a terrible feeling.

Why is that?

We did not find him in his room, so we rushed to Ariel's room, knowing that he usually sleeps with her whenever she's home. They had a strong bond, and Ariel treated him like her son. We all loved him and her too much, and I could not imagine my life without them.

We stood outside her bedroom door for a second, then I opened the door, only to see him crying his heart out with red puffy eyes, bad bed hair, and no Ariel.

I ran to him, carried and embraced him softly. "What's wrong, buddy?" I whispered and waited for his answer, along with my mom, dad, and Hunter. They looked worried sick. Where is Ariel?

"A-Ariel g-gone, I scared Davy. She's gone," he cried louder this time. I arched my eyebrows, then looked at my parents and Hunter. They looked confused, and so did I. I felt like puking. What did he mean by she's gone?

"Ariel," I called, and anxiety started rising inside me like tiny ants running through my blood vessels. I felt awful chills all over my body. Nothing!

"Ariel!" Hunter called a little louder, looking left and right for any sign of her. Nothing!

"Ariel? Baby girl!" Dad and mom yelled with anxious faces. Mom was on the verge of crying. Still nothing!

We searched the room and saw nothing, I leaned on a wall next to her desk, and a piece of paper on her desk caught my eye. I snatched it without breathing and read it fast. My eyes widened in shock and fear.

No! No! No!

"What's in your hands?" Hunter asked as he saw me staring at it like it was the end of the world, which it was. It was the end of my world.

This can't be happening to us!

I gave the piece of paper to him. "Your daughter has been kidnapped." Hunter read it aloud and let a small gasp. His hands started shaking.

He reread it. Mom and dad looked at him with wide-open mouths, snatched the paper, and read it repeatedly like the words will eventually change. I wish. But whoever did this will pay for taking my baby sister away from us.

"No, no, no. Not my baby girl, no! I refuse to believe it," dad yelled, looking disturbed and afraid. He looked like that time.

It is a little different this time, but somehow it's the same.

She's in danger.

"N-No, m-my b-baby..." Mom cried her heart out, then fell to her knees with her hands covering her face. I gave Adrian to Hunter and ran to her side. I held her in a tight reassuring hug and then breathed in to make her calm down.

"Don't worry, mom. We will find her, don't cry," I exclaimed, but I did not realize I was crying. My tears would not stop. Hunter, dad, and Adrian were crying, too; even though Adrian did not know what was going on, he was still crying, knowing that Ariel was not there at that moment.

I don't want to lose her forever. We almost lost her in the past, but I don't want to face it again. I will not face it again. No.

I dried my tears and stood up like the mature man I should be. "Dad, Hunter, let's go," I demanded in a firm tone. I did not glance at mom again because I knew that if I looked at her crying face, I would break and would not stop crying. Hang on, Bluer.

Hunter stood up. "Where to?" He asked after composting himself.

"To the police station," I replied. "And mom, stay here with Adrian in case she got back," I said but did not look her in the eyes. Then dad stood up, and we ran to my car.

"Did you get the paper?" Dad asked us, and I nodded. It was in my pocket. Of course, I will get the only proof that she's kidnaped.

She's not here.

She's gone.

Please don't be dead.

We drove off to the station, and when we got there, we hopped out of the vehicle and entered the large building. We walked a bit until we stumbled upon a lady in a uniform. "What can I do for you?" the lady asked, holding a piece of paper in her hand.

I stood in front of her with a serious face. "We need to report a kidnapping case, my sister's kidnapping case," I replied, eager to start searching for her, to find her, to take her back from those sick bastards.

The lady nodded in understanding. "Okay now, follow me." We did as we were told and stood in front of a door written on it 'Detective&Inspector Stevens.' She left us, and Hunter knocked on the door. Then we heard someone invite us in, and we did.

"What can I do for you?" A middle-aged man asked professionally as we stood in front of him. Probably Stevens.

"We are here to report my daughter's kidnapping case," dad answered with a firm voice. He is tough. I guess he became this tough since that day.

Stevens nodded. "Do you have any clue that shows-" I cut him off by showing him the paper. He read it carefully and nodded again. "Where did you find it?" He finally asked in a deep voice that showed power and authority.

"On her bed an hour ago, and now it's 7:20," I replied calmly.

I was screaming on the inside. How could I not, knowing that my bluer might be suffering alone!

"Okay then, I will start my work, and you will help," Stevens said, and we nodded. Please be safe, Bluer.

~~~

Rachel (Ariel's mom)

My baby boy and I were in Ariel's room, sitting in silence. I felt suffocated with every second that passed without Ariel in our home.

"Mommy, where is Ariel? I want her to sleep next to me." Adrian looked at me with his teary honey eyes, looking devastated and gloomy. I never saw him this sad; he was always a happy child, but with Ariel's disappearance, no one smiled. Oh, baby. I want her too, next to me, laughing.

"Baby, she's n-not here right now, but she's going to be okay. Don't worry, baby, okay?" I said to him in a soothing tone, silently praying that she was safe, then I hugged him tightly, and we sat on Ariel's bed in silence. Again.

Where are you, baby girl? Why it's always you?

Adrian nudged my arm and made me give him my full attention. "Mommy, what's this?" He asked, then pointed his finger to a small piece of paper under her white pillow. I grabbed it and opened it to read it.

My eyes widened when the words ran through my mind.

"We are sorry to kidnap your daughter. We had to do it beyond our will. We had no choice, and I can't tell you where she is, but I will tell you this: we won't harm her, and we won't let him do anything bad to her. We will protect her until we know why the hell we kidnapped her. We are sorry, but he is too powerful to defy at this moment." I read it aloud, knowing that Adrian would not understand.

It was unclear and had a lot of mystery in it.

Who wrote it? The kidnappers?

Are they good?

No, they took my daughter!

But they were forced to! By whom? Who's Him?

I quickly grabbed my phone and called for Simon to inform them about this message that might help us.

••••••√√√••••••√√√••••••√√√√••••••√√√•••••••

Hey fellas...

I hope you liked it :)

I hope you vote :D

And this story is ranking #94 in HUMOR. Thank you guys so much.