Chapter 22 - Edited Once

We were at the concert, listening and cheering for Owen's incredible singing. He has a lot of fans. Girl and boy fans. He is terrific. They even respected the rules, and everyone placed their electronic devices at the entrance with the one in charge. No one was holding a phone, and the sight was amazing! Everyone was so attentive and happy.

I was standing next to Lilly, and Jaxon was on my other side. Aaron was next to Lilly and Noah next to Jaxon. "How are you feeling?" I yelled in Lilly's ear. She turned her head and came close to me.

"I'm great, and so is the baby. Do you like the concert?"

"Are you kidding? I love it. It's so much more fun than I expected it to be," I replied. Then I heard one of my favorite songs being played by Owen. It was a cover for ′You are the reason' by Calum Scott. I yelled in excitement, and those who heard me laughed loudly.

Everyone was yelling and cheering and suddenly went quiet to listen to Owen singing until he stopped in the middle of the song. "I want to stop for a minute, guys," Owen said, and all of his fans waited for him to speak. I was curious about what he was about to say. "Ariel, I want you to come and sing with me." I heard my name being called through the microphone. Shit, no!

I looked at him, shocked, and Lilly started shaking my arms happily. "Go, Go, Go!" She yelled, and I looked at Jaxon for permission. I'm still kidnapped, remember?

"Go ahead. There are no cameras. You're clear to go." He nodded with a smirk, and I smiled, then kissed his cheek and dashed to the stage. Did I just kiss his cheek? Oh, well.

I turned and saw him standing with his palm on his cheek. Jaxy was stunned.

"Guys, let me hear a warm applause for my friend here, Ariel," Owen requested. I heard claps from all over the auditorium. I felt shy, so I let my head down and climbed the stairs. Ariel, man up! No, wait... woman up!

I cursed under my breath when I almost fell. I did not swear with any bad words. I just- You know what? Forget it. "Why, though?" I asked as I stood beside Owen, smiling like an idiot who was about to humiliate herself if she fell. Which almost happened. If you were me, you would trip, so no comment.

He looked at me, and a genuine smile was glued to his face. "You have a great voice, and I saw you lip singing the lyrics, so why not?" he replied and handed me a mic.

I smiled. "Okay, but you sing with me!" I demanded and looked at the crowd. Wow, how many eyes are there? Let's just count them... 1,2,3,4,5,6- Stop it.

I looked at Owen, then nodded to start singing. We sang the whole song together, and when we finished it, cheers were heard from everyone, everywhere. "Thank you guys so much. Did you like her voice?" Owen asked, and they cheered even louder. I smiled, not knowing what to do, so I waved my hands in appreciation.

I took the mic from Owen without asking and took a deep breath. "Awe, thank you guys so much. You rock," I said confidently, then got off the stage and headed to my group.

"That was a blast," Noah exclaimed as I sat between Lilly and Jaxon.

"You think?" I asked.

"Hell yeah, you were awesome up there. Isn't that right, Aaron, Jaxon?" Lilly asked them cheerfully. I gazed at them and waited.

"Of course, your performance was beautiful," Aaron replied with a genuine smile.

"Thanks," I said, then turned my gaze to Jaxon.

"Yeah, it was nice... Um-uh, Ariel can... no, never mind," he shook his head and smiled. What was he going to say? Well, I have a list of the things I want to ask him now.

I turned my head and saw Aaron kissing Lilly's cheek. "Awe go, Ally!" I yelled, and that caused them to look at me in confusion.

"Ally?"

"Yeah, your ship name. Aaron plus Lilly equals Ally," I explained, and they finally understood the equation.

"How long is the concert?" I heard Noah ask Jaxon.

"Not long, half an hour or so," he replied, and we continued supporting Owen until the very end.

We headed to the cars when the concert was over, feeling worn out. "That was tiring," Owen sighed as he sat in Jaxon's car in the back. This time, Jaxon did not let me drive just because I drank a small half a cup of beer. He thought I might lose control of his precious car and kill us all. Yeah, right I'm an excellent driver in every state... Well, never mind what I just said. I once ran into a tree with Davin's car. I was sober, and Davin was so so mad.

"That was great, Owen, and thank you for letting me sing. Of course, I will never forget this experience, along with you guys kidnapping me." I said with an innocent smile, sat next to Jaxon, and we drove off home.

"Yeah," Jaxon whispered. I looked at him and saw a glimpse of sadness in his beautiful eyes. Why? Okay, that's it. Tonight, I will get my answers.

"I want to sleep. Hurry up, Jaxon," Owen whined, and I chuckled at his behavior. He looks like that poor kid who went grocery shopping with his mother but ran into her best friend there and the boy... He just had to wait for her.

"Five minutes left. Bear with it," Jaxon replied, and the rest of the ride went silent. When we finally arrived, Owen yawned.

"Goodnight, guys," he waved us goodbye as Jaxon, and I sat in the living room.

"Goodnight," we replied, and he disappeared from our sight.

"What do you wanna do?" Jaxon asked, and I thought. If I want him to open up to me, I must prepare the mood.

"Movies."

"Okay then," he got up, switched to Netflix, and sat back next to me on the oversized couch.

••••••√√√••••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••√√√••••••

Hello ♕

I hope you liked this chapter :)

What do you think about Jaxon's rough past?

Comment and please vote