Chapter 26 - Edited Once

Amazing cover made by FSALZAABI,thank you so much ♡

After Lilly's sudden visit to Jaxon, he did not leave his room. At all. What did she do? Did she kill him? I hope not. I don't want my best friend to go to jail.

I knocked on his bedroom door and waited. "Who is it?" he asked angrily, and I sighed. Good, he's alive.

"Ariel," I replied, then he opened the door quickly and let me in. When I was in the room, Jaxon locked the door, then turned and faced me. I was frozen at the sight, but then I burst out laughing. "What the hell?" I managed to say, and he sighed.

"I know, and it won't come off. Help!" Jaxon pleaded, and I saw his face covered with makeup. If it was on a girl, I would say damn, Lilly did well. But on Jaxon, it was pretty funny.

"Okay, come to my room. I have makeup removal," I replied, and he nodded but stopped.

"Where are the boys?" he asked in a nervous tone.

"Oh, don't worry. Owen, Aaron, and Noah won't see you. They are in the living room playing COD." I replied, and he relaxed a bit. We left his room and went to mine, which was not far from his. I opened the door, and we entered. He once again locked the door.

I smirked at him. "Afraid that the boys might know about your new passion?" I teased, and he rolled his eyes with a tiny grin.

"Whatever, now please," he begged, and I opened the drawer and grabbed the makeup removal.

"Okay, now sit and don't move," I ordered, he sat on my bed, and I stood in front of him. You know, with his height... I will never reach his eyes unless he bends down. And that will be uncomfortable for both of us.

"Close your eyes," I demanded, and he did. As I was doing my work, he let out a loud sigh. "What's wrong?" I asked, still removing the glitter from his eyes.

"It's just... I'm sick of this. You know, getting orders from the boss because we have to, but I feel guilty now because I'm glad we kidnapped you. I know it's selfish, but you make us smile. You made me laugh and relax, which I hadn't done in a long time. I'm just glad. I'm a cruel guy. I'm sorry. Forget what I just said," he muttered, then ran his hand in his hair and opened his eyes. It's hard to read him. He's so complex, yet so deep and sincere.

"Well, you kidnapped me, and that's wrong. But, like I told you before, I understand. You're not selfish at all. You're just you; we're humans. We're not perfect. We make mistakes," I replied, smiling, and he returned a bigger one. "Plus, I'm awesome. Of course, I'll make you happy and relaxed. I'm Ariel Lee O'Connor," I joked, and he chuckled until he looked at me like he remembered something.

"Oh yeah, about the favor, what do you want me to do for you? Have you thought about it yet?" He reminded me, and I thought for a minute, then I nodded, making up my mind. I gave him a clean towel to wipe his face; it was all clean.

"Yes, but I don't know if you can do it," I said with a hopeful look.

"You know I can't release you, right?" he stated, and I shook my head, understanding him.

"No, not that. Can you make a phone call to my parents to let them know I'm safe? I will not tell them where am I because I don't want them to get hurt, and I'll put it on speaker, please?" I asked, and he thought about it, and finally, he got out of the room and returned five minutes later with a phone. My face lightened up with joy. I ran to him and kissed his cheek.

Did I once again kiss his cheek?

He froze at my sudden action, but then he smirked. "It's untraceable, so you may quickly make the call." I nodded, and we sat on my bed, crossed legs.