Chapter 16

Blocking Vidar's counter-attack a hairs whisper from own his neck, Torian grits his teeth. "Get her out of here!" He barks towards those who aren't specifically trained to engage against Force Users.

"All Jedi Stalkers to the rear of the encampment. We have a code 56!" Khal's voice coarsely barks through their comms.

"How the hell did a Darth get the drop on us?!" Zan demands back.

"Vidar's gone fucking rogue! He just tried to kill his own cyare and ad," Eion snaps back, his normal cockiness long gone.

"Bloody hell," Zan grumbles as he and twenty other men appear from the compound.

"Don't touch her!" Vidar lividly roars, having caught sight of what his men intend to do.

Spinning his tech-staff around with expert ease, Torian slams him in the gut and forces his attention away from the little Jedi. Hell's mist this has gone to the abyss in a handbasket, he dryly thinks. "Your fights with me boy," he tauntingly adds, gaining a scathing look from his son.

Giving his father a scathing look Vidar's face twists in fury much like his did that day he went after the lad's biological father. "I'll rip you to pieces, old man!" Keeping his head in the game, Torian grits his teeth and counters another merciless strike from his ad. Sensing his pace increasing, Torian drops his staff and ignites two of the lightsabers on his own belt barely blocking the onslaught of viper like Juyo strikes his son unleashes. "I. Hate. You!" Vidar spits, strewing in such rancid anger it practically sizzles in the air around them. "You took away my mother!" He strikes so hard it forces Torian to his knees. "My father! The home I could've had in the Order! Now you're spiriting her from me! You are no father of mine!" He sneers, cutting Torian deeply with his words of disownment.

"Vidar!" Khal bellows, appearing out of nowhere from behind the boy. Flipping high into the air, Vidar glares murderously at him and the others that circle him.

"I will kill you all for this betrayal," he ominously threatens before leaping high into the trees.

"After him!" Khal commands, his voice steeled with the resolve Torian cannot muster. Not against his son, nay Freedom's son, for the boy just disowned him. That title is no longer his to claim and all because of that accursed Jedi. "Capture him alive! Ensure he doesn't follow the caravan!" Khal's orders, but Torian barely hears the commands. "Come on ner'vod!" Khal jerks him to his feet. "We have a Sith to catch."

"Aye," Torian stares numbly at his friend. "That we do."

                                            ****                                                                ****

Meanwhile on Coruscant...

Rolling over in his sleep, Revan frowns as strange images fill his head yet again. No not visions, memories he's sure of it, always centering around a redheaded girl whose face he's yet to glimpse.

"Revan no!" Her voice screams as she grabs his leather bracers. "Please Revan! You can't do this!" Her eyes wide with fear and her face...

By the Force, she is breathtaking even in her Jedi robes. Her vibrant green eyes and sultry lips draw him in just as much as her fiery braids, so long. So unbelievingly long he cannot comprehend how the Council allows it.

"Asha," he moans softly, her name finally pressing forward from the hidden recesses of his mind as the dream version of himself says, "Asha, it's alright."

"No, it's not! It's suicide!" fear lacing her voice. "Please riddur!" She begs, using an unknown Mandalorian word. "This is not the way, you'll kill us all. I've seen it! You'll kill Vidar!" she sobs, her voice dropping to barely a whisper as she falls against him. "You'll kill the one within me...." Her words chilling him and causing him to stiffen at the admission.