Chapter 9

Hi all! Here's the next part for you.  You'll get a glimpse into Vidar's past through those who lived it.  If you read The Fall of Revan it'll fill in a bit of the time frame in between for you as well.  Enjoy!

Wading into Hutta's swamp, Master Kavar frowns

"We are too late." Master Zhar kneels ahead of him beside a prone form on the ground. "It's Master Juhani, or what is sadly left of her." He eyes the area. The beasts of the swamp did not show kindness to her. "She's been here a day or so, no more."

Coming beside his friend, Kavar frowns. "This is the work of blaster fire, and what I'd wager was a beskad." Lifting his gaze, he turns a keen eye to the ground. "Four or more men, I'd say. They came from the palace."

Rising to his feet, Master Zhar reads the ground with practiced eyes. "There is a blood trail. One of them was wounded. See here." He points to a deep line within the muddied earth. "Someone forced someone forward, Force Pushed perhaps."

"Perhaps it was the Dajetii or her Padawan." Kavar scans the area himself. "There's their shuttle." He gestures to a semi-obscured shadow.

"There are many footprints this way. One came, two fled with the help of the force. Many followed," Master Zhar states matter-of-factly.

Moving together, the masters warily enter the abandoned shuttle. "So much blood, someone heavily injured lay here." Leaning down, Master Kavar touches the shuttle floor and closes his eyes.

"Master!" Lizbeth's despairing voice screams out in his mind as she falls upon the body before her, the body of a bloody and beaten Revan.

"Get the Dajetii up! I want to see his face!" An irritated Mandalorian shouts moments later. "Kill that Padawan."

Frowning, Kavar tilts his head at the sound of metal hitting metal. There is a wrongness in the force here. Callous, dark, with the impression of an energized atmosphere before a storm. "Force Storm," he mutters, realizing its cause.

"You'll pay for that, Jedi," a menacing voice growls, and he can feel their hatred within the force before another's irritation flares.

"Vidar, enough!" A new voice booms. "Ad." The sound of armor lightly smacks the ground. "Your point is made. We will not touch your Cyare. Take them both," says the voice as the vision slowly fades away.

Opening his eyes slowly, Kavar releases his Force Psychometry.

"What did you see, my friend?"

"The Dajetii, Vidar, lay here. Her padawan Lizbet protected him. Their leader ordered her death, but they resisted. She sent one of them flying back with a burst of force, perhaps."

"There is a wrongness here," Zhar interjects, gaining a light nod.

"The boy, he electrified the air around them."