Chapter 1

Your POV

Jungkook and I were playing basketball on a perfect sunny day. The sky was clear, clear light blue painted through the horizon. Not a sign of one or two, big or small, white, fluffy clouds floating across the sky.

"Kookie, catch!" I called him, passing the basketball to him as he catches it, he drove the ball to the basket and shot. My teams were, Jungkook, J-hope, and Jimin. While the others are Namjoon, Taehyung, Suga, and Jin. We were playing 4 vs 4.

When the ball bounced off the rim, Jin, from the other team caught the rebound. He made a fast break down the court and scored a layup. Jungkook passed the ball in bounds to Jimin who drove the ball down the court. He passed it back to Jungkook who shot a three pointer just as the timer made its obnoxious buzz.

On the other hand, I was caught off guard as I just stood there, busy watching Jungkook. It suddenly felt like the world has slowly began to move in slow motion, like, everything has stop and came to slow, even the sounds, nothing can be heard but fainted yet muffled noises and my pounded heart.

He was so focused. A formed of sweats on his forehead as it drips down making him look so hot, but what makes him more hotter is him wearing a white shirt which was soaked by his own sweats, causing his shirt to reveal his nice well tone mucle. Everything seems so slow.

But sometimes, there are moments when life slows down. In those moments, the world disappears. The music fades. Everything stops. Like this moment, my father told me about. He said, "You'll know when you're in love when your world begins to move in slow motion". On that time, My father was playing basketball but all of the sudden he suddenly stopped when he saw my mother for the first time. My mother was very pretty. That's when he knew she will be the woman he will marry. Time stopped and everything else disappeared because the only one he saw was the queen of his heart.

They lost the championship that year. But it doesn't matter, my mother's heart was the bigger prize. Everything also went in slow motion when he first saw me. It was love at first sight!

Great things happen to my father when the world goes in slow motion. I can't say the same for me. I feel scared and anxious.

***

Flashback

Author's POV

13 years ago...

You were playing in your front yard with your friends from next door neighbor. When suddenly, you saw your mother approaching you, but something felt very wrong. She was crying, her eyes were red from sobbing.

"M-my little princess, stay here, okay? I-I'll just buy something." your mother stuttered as she cups your cheeks and kisses you on the forehead. She stood up and started walking away.You've felt confused and scared at the same time. You had the feeling that something seems off, something isn't right.

All of the sudden, everything has slowly moved. You've watched your mother walking away slowly. Your heartbeat increasing.

Without knowing, your foot moved by itself as you tried to catch up to your mother.

"Eomma!!!" you yelled as loud as you can, but never onced she'd turned around to you, she still kept walking.

"Eomma! Eomma!" you kept calling while chasing her, you were crying. You didn't realize you were away from home. While chasing after her, your steps seemed to slow down too. You were out of breath. Your chest beating like crazy that it could be heard. You stop and catch your breath, you stood there while seeing your mother slowly disappearing out of your sight. It was your first time that you see things in slow motion...was the last time you saw your mother.