Chapter 3

Matthew Daddario as Emortus
Holland Roden as Emily/Amissa

Recap:

"He wasn't smart enough to take my offer, but maybe you will be?"

And this, ladies and gentlemen, was the moment marking the beginning of a marvelous ending.

I turned around, thinking that the guy was talking to me, only to get back into the hiding. He was talking to a girl I saw previously.

"You know I won't. I have everything here and even if it goes to hell at the end, quite literally, - she laughed. Her laugh sickened me, - I will be fine. After all, I've been here long enough to know enough, Emortus." She started tracing her finger up and down his chest, while the handsome one stood rigid, not moving. 

"You have 10 seconds to take your hands off of me. It was a suggestion, not a fucking invitation to get your filthy hands on me." He seemed angered by the girl, it looked like he was holding himself back.

The girl, however, was enjoying herself. She threw her head back and laughed. 

"Now now, my Emor, play nice, remember what happened last time? - she smirked, - anyway, I better get going, this place, no matter how many angels are present, has demon stink all over it. But then again, maybe that's just you." - She gave him a quick kiss on his cheek and walked away, still laughing. 

I was still watching Emortus, he was breathing heavily, closed his eyes and tried to calm down, well, at least that's what it looked like, but it didn't help. In the moment of rage he smashed his hand into the brick wall and I jumped, smashing into the wall behind me.

"Who's there?" - he started walking in my direction.

I started to walk backwards, still keeping my eyes on him. I tried to go faster and faster, but the chance of me getting away from him seemed very slim. The only way I could get out sooner was by moving sooner, so I did what every single one of you would have done.

I ran. 

Well, I tried. He was already close enough so he grabbed me and smashed me against the wall, where I hit my head. He was staring at me, like I was some kind of problem he had to solve. He seemed confused, conflicted. I was staring at him and tried to decide whether to knee him where the sun doesn't shine or try to reason with him. Neither would have worked, since he was twice my size and I tend to say stupid things at the most inconvenient times.

"Who are you?"

I stayed quiet.

"I asked you a question, - he started to squeeze my shoulders, to the point it started to hurt a bit, I hissed, - better answer me or that sorry excuse of pain you're experiencing now will be the least of your worries."

"I was just passing by, - I could feel I was starting to ramble, - I did not see or hear anything you think I heard. What did you think I heard anyway? I wanted to make friends? Yeah? So I decided to take a walk.  I did not see a man or a girl talking to you. I mean, you were probably talking to someone right? Because there are a lot of people here, - I stupidly motioned to the empty streets around us, - and people, out of their good nature, want to make friends right, that's what you were doing with that man and a girl, right? - his eyes were blazing now, - anyway, I see you are a bit too angry to be my friend, so I'm just going to continue my search. Bye now! - I went under his hands and started to speed walk. 

He was having none of that.