Chapter 2

A/N
Before the start of this chapter, I would like to say thank you for anyone, who is reading this book. This is my first attempt and I do realize I have things to work on still. What is more, English is not my first language, so sometimes it is a bit hard to figure out what I should write. 

If you do notice any mistakes, please let me now. Criticism for the sake of criticism is not encouraged. However, if you do see something and have an idea how I can improve it - don't be shy and tell me, I want readers to enjoy the book as much as they can, so help me  do so!   :))

And now... Chapter 2.

If you looked for the meaning behind the word "amissa" in the dictionary, you would see, that in Latin this means loss. Abstract word alone has no meaning. Loss. But if you put something next to it, it will change instantly. Loss of friends. Loss of family. Loss of a loved one. We all lose something or someone once or twice in our lives. Whether it hurts or makes our life better, it changes us nevertheless. Some say that death is not the greatest loss. "Walking dead" are still alive on Earth, living with pieces or rather what's left of them. Destroyed by the cruelties of the world, of people, of themselves. Piece by piece.

I was used to the feeling of destruction. It was my companion all my life, wherever I went. When loss would come, I would greet him as an old friend, who I got used to. But no one can really prepare you for the loss of your life. People may believe that it gets better, it's their solution, it ends. They would be surprised that the loss of a life is just a stop in the middle of an infinite road.

"Amissa!" 

I was walking faster and faster, not sure where I was going, only hoping, that this road would lead me as far away as possible from here. All I wanted was to get back home, to my family and forget this ever happened.

After we reached the city, it seemed like my senses started to kick in. So did my emotions. I finally realized, that I was dead, quite literally. First came denial, then fear, then sadness, panic and anger, but now my survival instincts kicked in. Ironic, isn't it. I needed get out of here, I needed to breathe, I couldn't believe this.

What exactly is "this" I cannot tell.

"Amissa, for God's sake, stop running!"

I only picked up my pace and dodged people, who seemed to come out of nowhere. They were all dressed white to the point it made me sick. I was looking around like a crazy girl, searching for a way to escape, just like I was taught.

"AMISSA!"- a large hand landed on my shoulders, making me stop dead in my tracks. 

I closed my eyes and started counting from 1 to 10, while breathing in and out. I was hoping when I would open my eyes again, every single thing I saw before would just disappear. 

"You cannot run from what is destined, child." - my "Guardian Angel" seemed like a book of old quotes which were just a bunch of stupid cliches.

"This is not what I was destined for! Death? You call this a destiny? MY destiny was to live... Don't you realize that",- my voice was barely a gush of wind in the desert by the time I finished. I wanted to live. I did. I don't even know how I got here. I don't want to be here. I just want to forget and go back. "Please, let me go back." - at this point all of my emotions came rushing and I was at the point of a panic attack.

"Oh, Amissa... Things don't work that way here, - he wanted to put his hand on my back in a soothing way, but I stepped back instantly,- you will soon see that this is a better world than the one you left behind. Look around you. Can't you see? Things are better here. No pain, no loss, just peace. There's no going back now. You're here, in Expectantes Locus, and soon you will move to somewhere far more better than this. You'll see, Amissa. It will be okay."