She flashed me a small smile that tugged at the corners of her lips before she let me pull her up, "I thought you couldn't surf."

"I didn't say that," she replied innocently, an amused twinkle in her eyes.

"Enough flirting," her brother Zachary interrupted us, "Chris we need to go back to Gram's."

"Chris?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

She shrugged, "Dude, stranger danger. That assembly in fifth grade was freaky," she fake shuddered and I laughed at her.

"I'll see you around Chris!" I called after her to which she just sent me a breathtaking smile and waved to me over her shoulder.

"Oooh," Hayden and Connor said simultaneously, "You like the beach blonde!"

I felt my cheeks burn with blood, "No I don't."

Connor snorted and Hayden said, "whatever you say, man."

I slapped them both upside the head and grabbed the football out of Ian's hands before yelling at Connor to go long and throwing a perfect spiral in his direction.

Man, I really hope she's staying the whole summer, I thought as I ran through the burning sand to catch a pass that was a little short.

Chris' Point Of View

"You were flirting with him for so long!" Zach moaned.

I rolled my eyes, "It was like thirty seconds! And I was not flirting!"

He turned to look at me in shock, "You like the surfer dude!"

"I do not like the surfer dude!"

"You, Chris Sanders, like the surfer dude."

I knew we were both too stubborn to admit the other was right so instead I just let my cheeks flare up in embarrasment and didn't say anything in reply.

After a brief 'OMG' fan girl moment by my surprisingly male brother, his signature smirk re-appeared on his face and he said "Use protection," before winking at me (quite awfully I might add, he sure doesn't get the ladies with his winking abilities) and running in the direction of our Grandma's house.

"Ugh!" I yelled, picking a rock off the ground and hurtling it through the air so it hit him square in between his shoulders, "Ha!"

He turned around his face flushed with anger, and I regretted throwing the hard piece of cement at him, "Did you just throw a rock at me?"

I looked up towards the bright blue sky and in all seriousness said, "Nah, must've been a raindrop."

I continued to fake search the sky for clouds or whatnot and was relieved when he didn't question it, instead gave me a very weird look and let it slide.

We walked the rest of the way in silence until Zach's phone started ringing, an unknown number flashing across the screen.

I motioned for him to give it to me, and he willingly did, smirking at me.

I waited another ring before accepting the call, putting it on speaker. I took a deep breath and in my most obnoxious Valley Girl accent said, "Joe's Whore House, you got the dough, we got the hoe, Cindy speakin' how may we be of service this fine evenin'?"

"Uh, is this Chris?" A masculine voice asked and I recognized it as Callum's.

I laughed to myself, "Uh, no sorry this is Cindy."

The line clicked dead before he could get a response in and I was slightly disappointed in my new friend for not sticking with the prank any longer.

Soon enough the phone rang again and I put it on speaker, this time imitating a Boston accent and said, "New York Sperm Bank, you squeeze it, we freeze it! Joseph here, would you like to donate?"

"Seriously?" Callum said, frustrated, before hanging up the phone again.

As expected, he called a couple seconds later, and before I had the chance to use another one of my A-plus accents, Zach snatched the phone from my hands and answered it, "Hello?"

I couldn't hear what Callum said but Zach laughed, so it must've been something funny or wimpy.

My brother started rattling off the first couple digits of my cell phone number so I quickly interrupted him. As much as I liked Callum, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, he acted so much like Andrew. Calm and sweet, but cocky when he wanted to be.

"Zach!" I whined, "Don't give him my number! He's just gonna end up like the other thirty three guys!"

He smirked in response and relayed the last couple digits of my number to Callum.

I face palmed then and there. Literally took my palm, and brought it to my forehead, multiple times.

If I was looking for a summer romance I would go to the bar downtown, or better yet a singles mixer! Maybe even put myself on eHarmony (like my widowed Grandmother) but never would I imagine my brother setting me up.

I know it wasn't technically a set up, but for Zach this was a first: actually letting me get a guys number.

While I was too busy with my own thoughts, I didn't realize Zach had already hung up the phone and it was now resting comfortably in his hand.

"So?" I asked.

"So?" He mocked me, "Check your phone, sis."

And with that he walked away leaving me standing on the sidewalk, phone in hand buzzing with a new message.

Hey Chris, your brother gave me your #. Nice trick btw your accents are pretty good, try being a stand up comedian (; -Callum

Cheers to (what will be) an eventful summer, I can feel it.