“I’m all yours.” I whispered, pulling him back to me. He smiled and captured my lips, letting his hands go past my waist.

~

I felt Griffin’s hot breath on my neck as I woke. He hovered above me, a blanket wrapped around us. “Good morning, Lyzzie.” He whispered, kissing his forehead. I ran my hands down his chest, smiling.

“Good morning, Griffin.” I whispered back. He stroked my cheek lightly, pulling me closer.

“You’re sister… Avery called an hour ago. She said she was coming home with Nicholas.” He said, watching me cautiously.

“When are they coming home?” I asked looking at the clock.

“She said they were driving home together, and then Nicholas was leaving for work. She said you’d know when she’d be home.” He said.

“She should be walking up the stairs.” I whispered, looking at him.

“Do you want me to hide? Or get dressed?” He asked with a smirk.

I smiled and kissed his nose. “Stay here with me.” I whispered, nuzzling his neck.

I smiled as he pulled me closer with one hand, and wrapping the blanket tighter around us with the other. I heard Avery unlock the door and open it.

“Lyz, I’m home!” She called, dropping her crap in the kitchen. “Where are you?”

I smiled and Griffin kissed my neck softly. “We’re on the couch, Avery!” I called, Griffin pulling us up into a sitting position.

“So, who’s your guy? Did the clothes stay—my god Lyzzie!?” She shouted when she saw us. I blushed deeply and hid my face in Griffin’s shoulder. “Did you tell Daddy you wanted to be released of your vows?” She asked, sitting next to the two of us. I slowly shook my head.

“Is that bad?” I whispered.

“Sort of, you may be pregnant. And your girls, they may have lost their immortality.”

“Technically, I did. It was subliminally implied but I still told him I wanted to be released from my vows. And he promised he’d let my girls keep their immortality.” I said, looking at Avery.

“Okay, Okay. But you could still be pregnant.” She said. I bit my lip, holding back tears. Griffin rubbed my back, kissing my hair.

“But that’s not a likely chance, right?” He asked.

“Well, since this is her first time doing it, it’s very likely.” She said. I bit my lip and Griffin rubbed my back. “Lyz, I may be wrong, but it won’t hurt to check, ok?” I nodded meekly, hugging Griffin closer. Griffin kissed my head, murmuring something in Latin. I closed my eyes, hugging my legs to my body, holding back tears. Avery touched my back, sending calming warmth through her hand.

“It’ll be okay Lyzzie.” She whispered, kissing my head. I nodded, pressing closer to Griffin.

“I wanna test.” I whispered. Avery nodded and Griffin stiffened slightly. I looked up at him and touched his cheek, tilting his head down. “What’s wrong?” I whispered. He looked down at me with a haunting gaze.

“My family will kill you and the baby if you’re pregnant, Lyzzie.” He whispered, holding me against him. I stared at him with disbelief, tears running down my cheeks.

“No, that’s not true; they can’t do that to an innocent baby.” I whispered. Griffin shook my head.

“It’s a hybrid, Lyzzie. It could be dangerous; having no side to call its own if a war breaks out between our families. It could choose to fight on either side, or be a spy, or kill all of us, Lyzzie.” He whispered.