More Than A Name Yours Too

Summary:

Greek Myths, Past Roleplay

*

My sword clashed with the rogues and I broke into a sweat. I hated swords, I liked my knife better. I pushed the person's sword aside and raised my leg to kick them in the gut. I felt Cam press his shoulder blades against mine as both my feet were firmly planted on the ground. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him deflect an oncoming blow and jab with his sword. I smirked. He always had my back. Just as I returned my attention to the fight, the enemy's sword sank into my abdomen and I crumbled to the ground. Selene and her partner rushed over to us as Cam dropped his sword and used his own body as a shield. My body was paralyzed with pain as Cam pressed his hands harshly over the wound.

"Stay with me, Elli." He grunted with a pained expression. "Today's not the day you're going to the Elysian Fields." I reached out and touched his cheek.

"It hurts, Cam." I whimpered. His eyes were quickly filled with panic as the camp medics rushed over to us and pushed Cameo away. I weakly reached out for him as the medics put me on the cloth stretcher and rushed us back to the medical cabin. The men poured Nectar down my throat as the started sewing up the wound. I thought I would pass out from the pain, and I eventually did. It looked like it was around dusk when I woke since the sky was changing colors. There were several other people in the cabin with me with similar battle wounds to mine. I watched Astrid come over to me with her hands filled with a bowl of Ambrosia and a cup of Nectar.

"You put up a good fight, Ophelia." Our leader mumbled. "Cameo stayed with you all night. I forced him to leave earlier this morning. He really does care about you." I smiled at Astrid's words. Cam stayed.

"Where is he?" I mumbled, trying to sit up. I hissed in pain and laid back down on the cot. "Astrid, where is Cameo?" Astrid smiled warmly at me as she propped up my upper body with pillows. I took the opportunity to look around for Cam. He wasn't here.

"Cameo will be back as soon as he has eaten. I instructed Cam to bring you food as well." She said as Cameo rushed into the Med Cabin.

"Elli!" He exclaimed in a hushed voice. He came over to Astrid and I and placed a butt-load of food on my lap. Astrid said her good-byes and let the two of us be.

"Cam, you made it out alive." I said, smiling at him. "I'm so glad."

"You made it out too, Elli. I told you that you wouldn't die." Cam said.

"There was no doubt that I wouldn't have died anyway." I mumbled, picking at my food. I wasn't particularly hungry today. "Can you take us back to the house, Cam?" I asked. He smiled and took my hand and made me scoot over.

"Close your eyes." He commanded. I did as he said and when I reopened them, we were at my dream house. No. We were at our future home.