"We're done." Griffin and I said at the same time. Ethan leaned close to my ear.

"I have to go." He whispered. I looked over at Natalie and Griffin, Natalie whispering something to him. I nodded and he left, Natalie leaving shortly after Ethan.

Leaving me and Griffin alone.

"I'm not leaving until you do." Griffin and I said at the same time.

"Well then, I guess we're stuck." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. He smiled and did the same.

"Let's play a game, to pass the time?" He suggested and I nodded. "It's called truth. You have to tell me one truth about yourself."

"And what if I don't?" I asked.

"If you resist, you have to take off one article of clothing." He smirked.

"Well, if my clothes are coming off, so are yours." I smirked.

He smirked and rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

I smiled. "You start, Roman." I said.

"I've never fallen in love before." He said.

"I killed the one guy I wished I could've loved."

He stared at me. "You're lying." He said. "You asked to be a virgin."

"But I didn't ask not to fall in love, and I did. And killed him," I said, balling my hands into fists. "My next truth is that I don't believe in Cupid's arrows." I said, moving on. I didn't want to talk about that anymore.

"I wanna kiss you." He said, moving closer to me.

"What?" I whispered, standing there.

"I want to kiss you." He said again, pulling me to him.

"Don't." I whispered as he leaned down.

"Lyz..." He whispered; pressing him lips to mine.

"Stop," I whispered, he kissed me again. "Stop," I whispered again, he kissed me softly. "Sto..." I whispered, kissing him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist, trapping me to his chest. I pulled away after a while, looking at his eyes.

"I want to see you, again." He whispered.

"You'll see me when the battle happens." I whispered back.

"I want to see you tonight, like on a date." He whispered, looking into my eyes.

"W-why me, Griffin," I whispered.

"No one has ever made my lips tingle like yours. I want to know you better, to know you as someone I could love, not just a Greek." He whispered, taking my face in his hands. "Please Lyz?"

I bit my lip, tearing up. "What if our families find out? We're gonna relive Romeo and Juliet." I whispered.

"Shh, Lyz," He whispered, kissing my cheeks. "They won't find out. I promise."

I looked at his lips. "Kiss me again." I whispered. He slowly leaned in, gently pressing his lips to mine, and I kissed him back. He smiled and pulled back, touching my cheek. "I liked that too." I whispered.

"Go out with me tonight?" He whispered.

"Yes." I whispered, taking his free hand in mine. Griffin smiled, resting his forehead against mine. "You're gonna have to explain what a date it to me, you know that right?" I whispered, looking at my feet. He chuckled and touched my cheek.

"Of course I will." He whispered, pulling me against his chest. I looked up at him, smiling slightly.

"Thank you, Griffin." I whispered, resting my hands on his chest. He smiled back, resting a hand on my neck.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered. I blushed, he smiled more. "Never got a compliment like that before, huh?" I nodded. "You'll hear stuff like that a lot know, okay?" He whispered, and I nodded again, smiling.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Where are we going tonight?" I whispered. He smiled at me.

"It's a secret Lyz." He whispered, stroking my hair.

"Give me a hint, please?" I whispered.

"It's in town and that's the only hint I'm gonna tell you." He said, picking me up. "And as for now, I'm taking you as close to your home as possible." He whispered, kissing my nose.

"I can walk." I whispered, smiling. He smiled back, pressing his lips to my forehead.

"And I know you can. But, I want to hold you for as long as I can." He whispered. I smiled, kissing his chin.

"Why me," I whispered, looking up at him. "Out of every human, demigod, and immortal, why did you choose me?"

Griffin stayed silent, averting his eyes from mine. This was a set up. He was playing me, his family set this up. My stomach clenched and tears formed in my eyes. "Put me down." I whispered, and he did.

And I slapped him across the face. "I thought you had feelings for me, but this is just a set-up, isn't it?" I whispered, and he nodded slightly. "I can't believe I fell for you! You— of all people in the world," I whispered, angrily wiping away tears. Griffin looked at me and reached to help me, but I shoved him away. "Don't touch me!" I growled, hugging myself. "Just leave me alone." I whispered, running away from him, my home, everything.

And I had no idea where I was going.

          Brokenhearted

I ended up at my sister Avery's apartment, sobbing my eyes out.

"Lyz, calm down please?" She asked, rubbing my back. I nodded, rubbing my eyes. "Okay, so what happened, Lyz?"

"I-I opened up to a really great guy. Or so I thought." I whispered. Avery's eyes widened. Probably thinking I went back on my vows.

"Lyz, you didn't do—"

"No. The fling lasted all of fifteen minutes. His family set it up." I whispered, cutting her off.

"It's an Immortal family?" she asked, I nodded. "It can't be the Celts. We actually like them. And it can't be the Egyptians, they're scattered all over..." Avery eyed me. "Lemme see... It's not Jacob, Harry, or Lucas. Nick, Jason, and Logan irritate you. That only leaves... Matt and Griffin," She said, smiling.

"And it can't be Matt because I absolutely hate him." I whispered. "Along with Griffin," I added quickly.

"That ass hurt you!" she said, quicker than I could blink. "Where is he, I'll have John and Phillip kill him." She said, reaching for her phone.

"Avery, don't!" I said quickly. I wasn't completely heartless.

"Why not, he hurt you." She said, wrapping her arms around me. "Nobody should do that to you, and get away with it." She added, and then smiled. "We're gonna make him jealous."

"How," I asked, looking at her.

"I'm gonna call Brian and have him hang around town with you. Give that Griffin something to regret." I smiled faintly, hugging Avery back.

"I knew there was a reason I liked you." I joked. She smiled and hugged me back.

"Lemme call the boy. He should be here in an hour." She said, grabbing her phone and calling Brian. After several minutes, she hung up.

"You and Brian are having a dinner date tonight, at the place Griffin works at." Avery said, pulling me to my feet and to her room. She sat me on her bed while she found provocative things to dress me in.