Chapter 24-Edited

Start from the beginning

"Luna! It's not safe over there! Come back here!" I ignore Chris's warning and keep running. Why would someone set a bomb off? Is everyone ok? Did someone get hurt? I run even faster trying to get back to the houses.

I can see the houses in the distance but I'm tackled before I can get to them.

"Elizabeth stop! You can't go over there!"

"I need to make sure that everyone is ok! Let me go!"

"Everyone is ok, thankfully no one was in the house. I'm so glad you were out here with the kids. What if you had stayed inside today? I would have lost you..." I look into Ryder's eyes and I can see the panic in them. I calmed down when he said that no one got hurt.

"I'm alright, you didn't lose me, I'm right here," I say while running my thumb over his face. He sits up with me on his lap and wraps his arms around me in a tight hug.

"I feel like I keep failing you as a mate. I'm supposed to be there to protect you, but so far, I haven't been doing that." The frown on his face breaks my heart. I hope I never see his face like this again.

"Don't say that Ryder. You're an amazing mate, this wasn't your fault."

"We need to go see the damage and see what we can save." So many questions are running through my head. Hopefully we'll find answers soon.

?????'s POV (a.k.a. P)

I watch as Ryder and Elizabeth sit together and laugh together. The sight sickens me. Ryder is supposed to be the most ruthless alpha in the entire world, but as soon as he sees his mate he goes all soft. I don't like how much he has changed. I'm disappointed in him since he can do so much better. I'll find him someone suitable soon once Elizabeth is out of the picture.

I always anxiously awaited the day that Ryder would find his mate. I had thought it would be someone worthy, but obviously that's not the case.

Elizabeth deserved all the terrible treatment that she got. She's lower than dirt and she should be treated as such. I can't believe that she was granted another mate and that it happened to be Ryder. She wasn't even worthy enough for that stupid Zack person! Once again she has screwed up my plan.

She keeps getting in my way and I will not stand for that anymore. I will have the upper hand this time. I have the element of surprise and by the time I'm done, she will barely be a distant memory to everyone. The bomb I set off today was just a warning. When I actually put the plan in effect, they won't have a chance. Today was just to torture everyone a little bit and make them paranoid. I was able to get into the house, set the bomb, and leave without anyone looking in my direction twice.

I can't believe how trusting Ryder has become because of his mate. Before, if a rogue tried to get onto his land, they would be killed immediately. I've waited for the perfect moment to be able to get into this pack and my timing couldn't be more perfect. They will look in all the wrong places and that can buy me some time. Ryder should know better than to trust a rogue, especially after what happened with his mom.

Hopefully that idiot Zack will be able to take out most of their defenses and pack members. I would hate to have to get my hands dirty but I will if I have to. I have waited for this moment for years and this time I will not fail.

I will finally be rid of Elizabeth, and I will be able to get what I've always wanted.

Chelsea's POV

"You can tell me anything Chelsea, you know that."

"Well," I start off about to tell him everything when I see something behind him. Zack is standing behind him with a glare on his face. His eyes are hard, and his jaw is clenched. A flash of panic goes through me, but I calm down a little when I realize that the glare isn't directed towards me. There's a hooded figure standing in front of Zack and the two of them seem to be having an intense conversation. I can't hear what they are saying, so hopefully they didn't hear me before. I'll worry about them later. I quickly grab John's hand and pull him in another direction.

"Chelsea? Where are we going?"

"Lower your voice! We need to get out of here!" John doesn't say anything to me after that but I can see the questions in his eyes. Once we get far enough away I let out a relieved sigh. That was way too close.

"Ok, I'm going to tell you something really important. I need you to be quiet till I get to the very end. Please don't hate me when I tell you everything."

"I would never hate you." I just give him a tight lipped smile and shake my head.

"Just listen to what I have to say first." I take a deep breath before I start telling him everything. I start from the beginning and I tell him everything, leaving no details out. A lot of emotions go across his face as I tell the story. He stays completely silent, but I know that he's listening.

Once I'm done I stare at him and wait for him to say something.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Is the first thing he says after a few minutes of silence. I look up at his face and try to see exactly what he's thinking.

"I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would hate me."

"You should've known that I would never hate you." Seeing the disappointed look on his face makes my heart clenches painfully in my chest.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." He doesn't say anything for a while and I can't help but feel nervous.

"We need to do something about Zack. We can't let him do this."

"I don't want to interfere. Can't we just leave or something?"

"I have to stay here, it's my job as a pack doctor to help those who are wounded." I can hear the double meaning behind his words and I can feel my eyes well up with tears.

"I never meant to hurt you all this time. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to break apart your family. You had the perfect family, and I didn't want to ruin that."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that to you. I understand why you did what you did, but you're not the only one hurting. Do you know how I felt every time I had to hear about some guy that you had sex with?" My tears start pouring out of my eyes faster and faster. It doesn't take long before I stop sobbing.

"Well, well, well, what's going on here?"