Chapter 9- What Do I Wear?

Start from the beginning

"Uh, Braiden?" I murmur and he finally speaks.

"Ryan you look beautiful. I mean, you always do. I'm not saying you were ugly before because you weren't I'm just saying-" he looks at me sheepishly with nervousness in his eyes.

"Braiden," I say putting my finger over his lips, "I know what you meant."

A look of relief washes over his face. "Even though it's not true." I mumble quietly so he can't here me.

"What?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"What?" I counter, making him even more confused. "Well I'm gonna change back. Just wait outside."

He nods his head and walks out as I shut the door. I blush thinking back to what he said. I wish his words were true.

Braiden's POV~ Age Eighteen

When she opened the door my heart practically stopped. The girl in front of me was absolutely stunning, just like always. Her jeans fit her perfectly and the crop top she was wearing showed her nicely toned stomach.

I can definitely tell she's insecure in the outfit so I do my best to convince her it looks amazing. Nothing comes out of my mouth right because I'm so nervous, but luckily Ryan understands.

All I want to do right now is walk up and kiss her soft lips, but I know that we're just friends. I'm pretty sure she has no idea how beautiful she really is. Her hazel eyes turn almost green when she's excited and her auburn hair falls in perfect waves down her back. I could look at her all day, but what I really love is her personality.

The thing about Ryan is that she's different than most girls. She isn't the type who constantly worries about how their makeup looks or talks about themselves twenty-four seven. Ryan is her own person. She's feisty, warm-hearted, quiet at times, intelligent, and so many more things.

My dream girl is standing right in front of me but I can't have her. Like I said before we're just friends, but I'm not sure how much longer I can be. When I see her I want to tell her how nice she looks, or kiss her when she's smiling, or just be with her and do nothing. Friends can't do that, but I'm willing to stay that way for her.

Ryan's POV~ Age 17

After changing back into my original clothes I open the door back up and let Braiden inside my room.

"Alright, I'm going to go to bed now. It's 10:00 and we have to wake up at 6:00." I say bluntly, but Braiden doesn't leave.

Instead he runs and stretches out on my bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Trying to go to sleep. Duh." He retorts, closing his eyes.

"You realize you have a room for that, right?" I sarcastically reply even though I want him to stay.

He sits up in my bed and grins. "Slumber party!" He screeches in a high voice making me burst out laughing.

I point towards the door with my finger motioning for him to leave, but he just throws me a pouty face. It looks more like a smolder which causes an answer to fly out of my mouth.

"Fine," I huff, "you can sleep here, but stay on your side of the bed."

I chuck a pillow at his face then flick off the lights. It's hard to see in the darkness, but I somehow make it to my bed without looking like a complete idiot. Braiden is laying right in the middle so I have hardly any room.

"Scoot over." I whine trying to push him but he doesn't budge. "What do you eat, fatty?"

"Hey, that's pure muscle and you know it." He shoots back and I roll my eyes. "Wow, I felt that eye roll from over here and I can't even see you."

"Haha very funny, now give me some blankets." My hand finds the edge of the blanket and I pull on it hard.

Of course he's laying on it so I have to really yank on the thing.

"Ouch!" I yelp, clutching my nose.

"What the-" he pauses and I know what's coming next, "did you just punch yourself in the face?"

"Maybe." I mutter back.

Thank goodness it's dark because right now my face feels like it's on fire.

He bursts out in laughter causing a smile to creep onto my lips. If I thought he was cute before... His laughing fit doesn't stop for probably five minutes and I start to get frustrated.

"Shut-up." I punch his arm making him go quiet.

"Okay, okay, sorry." He puts his hands up in surrender.

"Goodnight." I tell him laying on my back.

"Goodnight." He responds, then shifts over to his side.

Finally I start to relax and my eyelids grow heavy, slowly closing. Around twenty minutes later something drapes over my shoulders. It takes me a minute to realize Braiden covered me up, but the I hear him whisper and I freeze.

"Goodnight Ryan." He leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead causing my body to light on fire.

Why can't I just get up the guts to actually kiss him?! Oh yeah, we're just friends. This sucks.

He lays down closer to me this time and I hold back my smile. I act as if I'm sleeping and mumble a few incoherent words before flipping over and draping my arm across his chest. His heart starts to beat faster and I let a small grin play on my lips. Braiden's arms goes around my waist and he pulls me close to him.

"Ryan, I know you're not sleeping. I felt you smile." He whispers against my ear sending shivers down my spine.

"Whatever." I mumble back, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

He lets out a small chuckle before covering us both up then rests his head on mine. Both of our hearts are beating furiously and for a second I feel like maybe Braiden wants to be more than just friends too.