chapter 9

"This is madness! Willow I thought you new better. You saw how ill it made her just going home." Doctor Yashman didn't need to say her name. I new full well who he was talking about. Lilly. Looking anywhere in his office other than his face I tried to fixate on a book. After we drank our dingy drinks we headed back to the hospital but not before we went to the park. Jeremy convinced me it was short cut but I'm sure it added a extra 15 minutes on our journey! When we finally made it back we were greeted by a security guard that led us to the office. Funnily enough we had to wait a good 45 minuets while doctor Yashman finished up with a patient. Tear washed faces finally emerged from the office followed by a toddler who couldn't have been older than 3. I dont know why but It broke my heart. Maybe it was the uncanny resemblance to Lilly. Identical honey blond hair that fell into pretty little ringlets. Shiny smiley silver eyes. And skin the colour of vanilla ice cream. Leading us in we got the silent treatment as he typed on his computer. If he was trying to make a awkward tension it certainly work. Eventually he lunged into his lecture. Undeterred by my silence he continued "And you still went to one of the most infectious places on this earth? A children's play centre! I can't believe this"

"Hello I'm sitting right here. And it's nice to know how high you regard me. Not very" Jermery put on a great show of been offended that Yashman didn't think highly of him but really I think he was doing it to get the attention of me. I let my eyes roll over the battered, scarred, emotionally crippled boy and I felt a sudden urge to kiss him. Catching my eye he rolled his in Defiance. sky blue eyes masked so much pain and I wondered how, after everything he went through, he can still always try to make other people feel better. At that moment I new that, thanks to Jeremy Thomas Wesley, my fate in humanity will forever be restored.

"Well previous incidents have clouded my judgement. Put your own life at risk in your futile attempt at 'living'" Spat Yashman, his eyes were buring with a furious fire. His Indian roots made him glow a rich bronze and gray speckled hair pushed against the raven black. Cotton white contrasted carelessly with his red tie. "honestly if you want to act like a prat then do it, it's none of my buiseness, but when you indulge in it with other's under my care it becomes a problem for me" shaking his head stupefaction spread across Jermerys face as he sat back in his chair speechless. Bleeping filled the small space and doctor Yashman pulled out his pager saying in a less angry voice "Now why don't you try doing something positive for the ward instead of running from it, You want to live? make a difference? I can tell you now, it won't happen in a wacky wear house"

Repercussion was a bitch! That night I saw my parents for the first time in days and they didn't bother with the pleasantries. Mostly it was "you stupid child! are you trying to kill yourself" and "you are one of the most selfish people I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. Did you even think of us?" that last remark lit a fire in me that I would later regret.

"What do you mean the way you have thought of me all these days? I had chemo today! would you have even come if I didn't do this? Or were you thinking of me when you gave chester away? That dog was all I had to live for. All I had to fight for and you just gave him away like he meant nothing" Everything tumbled out of my mouth in one long screem. If I had to choose one thing my parents were good at it would be listening. I guess that's sad, but it's the only good quality I can think of.

"We work willow! We have your sister to look after and Chester was a Dog! you can have another if you care that much!" My mother may be a good listener but trust me, she is twice as good at shouting How dare she say that too me? She just had to pour gasoline onto the controlled fire. This is where I get angry in 3...2...1!

"What like you looked after me when Lilly was ill? oh yeah you didn't! I had to sit outside in the corridor night after night! you made me sleep on the waiting room chairs on my own! Face it you just don't care that much about me! It's never been about me!" My voice began to crack and my parents looked shall shocked. Every word was the truth and you can't fight the truth.