chapter 2

Knocking on the door I took a step back and cleared my throat. Looking threw the frosted glass the shape of Sky came into view. Swinging open the door she grabbed me and pulled me in by my wrist.

"Whoa bitch, your going to pull my arm of!" I said in protest. That particular arm was still tender from the blood tests. The sound of shouting came from the living room and Sky dragged me in and pushed me down onto the sofa. Since her break up with Jordan she had a serious day time TV addiction.

"Mum of nine thinks her drug dealing partner is cheating on her. Oh and thats her crazy best friends" Sky explained quickly giving me the run down of the latest Jeremy kyle show.

"Sky, I really need to tell you something" I said folding my hands in my lap. Her little brother sat in his wheel chair and awkwardly stared at me. Callum has down syndrome and sometimes he just won't answer you. So it's awkward for me when he stares at me. I don't no whether to try and talk to him or ignore him.

"Shh, look they are getting the lie detector results! Do you think he did it?"

"Do I think he's done what?" I asked reaching to move a stray strand of hair out of my eyes.

"Weren't you listening? Do you think he cheated? I'm thinking no, but I don't no why..." She said squinting at the TV like that was going to give her the anwser.

"Maybe it's because he has no teeth, or maybe it's the fact that he is a drug addict. Let's be honest who would want to have sex with that" I said trying not to make eye contact with callum. Which was made harder because he was staring at me.

"Wow harsh." tapping or should I say smacking my leg in excitement. It was completely silent while Jeremy opened the envelope. The dramatic pause was speechless predictable and sky was practically shaking in anticipation "I new it!" shouted Sky when  Jermery said 'guilty'.

"You were just asking me what I think... and anyway I need to tell you something" I said grabbing the remote and switching the Tv off.

"What's happened now?" instantly Sky's eyes lit up with the promise of gossip. "Please tell me you haven't broken anyone's nose again, please!"

"What? No! Anyway If I tell you can't tell anyone." I said fiddling with my hospital bracelet.

"You know I can't promise that" She said. It took me all of five seconds to decide to tell her anyway.

"I have... Erm... leukaemia" My voice came out surprisingly steady and I was proud of myself. I wish I could say the same thing for Sky.

Her voice was all over the place when she said "Lilly leukaemia?" I couldn't bring myself to say yes so I just nodded my head. Looking down a tear rolled down her face. Taking with it her black mascara. "No willow! You can not just go someone's house, watch Jermery kyle and then tell them you have leukaemia! No you can't do that" I new she was lashing out and as she looked at me shaking her head tears wrecked her perfect make-up. Suddenly I was pulling her to my chest and whispering things like it's going to be ok, I was going to be ok. All the while I was thinking the whole situation was backwards. She was meant to be comforting me! The whole moment was awful. Something I never wanted to repeat but something that was inevitable. She cried for about a hour and I just held her. She had been my best friend for as long as I can remember and if it was the other way around, her with the leukaemia, the situation would be the same. I was the strong one. "I'm going to come see

you everyday your in hospital. Ok?"

"No sky. I can't let you. I can't see you like this."

"You can't stop me willow" She said still crying into my shoulder.