Chapter 1: Jules

[this is the 2nd story of a series. You can read it as a stand-alone if you wish to. However, if you're interested in the whole series, the books are numbered on my account! Thank you for taking the time to read!]

-

Your leg was bleeding.

Trying not to stare down at it so heavily as you ran next to the only boy you cared so much for, his tight arms around your waist catered to your limping. Almost lifting you every step you ran, his panicked voice was nothing but a reminder that this, this moment right here, might be the last you saw of your boyfriend; Kennah was his name.

Running fast, running with no regrets, you held his bleeding hand as the both of you made it clear not to strike any attention to you. People were at your tail, you could hear them cross the parking lot as you jumped over one of the hoods and trampled over. You had to outrun the men and women in black masks.

"You'll make it out of this," he kept saying, kissing your forehead as the both of you rushed up the stairs. You wanted to say something back. To kiss the young, lively teen, but didn't get the chance as you focused on not swallowing in too many breaths. The last thing you wanted was to choke on nothing but air; how embarrassing.

Almost reaching the roof of the hotel Kennah and you ran through, it was a surprise that none of the old workers that worked here recognized your boyfriend. Seeing as he used to work here and you'd come to visit, the strong black hoodies and jacket the both of you wore truly helped with staying hidden. It was all good until Kennah ran into someone he knew. You didn't bother to look at the man that was confused and asked Kennah if he was alright. Instead, you dug your nostrils into the scent of your caring boyfriend. Shutting your eyes and waiting for Kennah to deal with the man that kept questioning where Kennah was going, it was dealt with the moment you jumped and heard, "KID, WE'RE GETTING THAT USB!"

Tugging your boyfriend's arm, you watched him panic. Sending off the man that ran into them away so fast, you nor Kennah thought faster as you stormed up the remaining stairs. Fast, fast, fast, out of breath. His hold on you grew looser and looser the moment you got to the top.

Barging through the doors, you clutched on his hand as he tried to rip away from you. Confused and crying, you shook your head. "N-No, we're-"

"Get away safe, dispose of this and please," he was now crying, wanting to kiss your lips so eagerly, "please please be safe." He kissed you.

You could taste his tears at your lips as he did. Not wanting him off you or your lips, you tasted his chapped lips, his rough kiss, and his tongue the most you could before he forcibly pushed you away. Watery eyes looking over at the USB he slipped into the palms of your hands during the kiss, you whimpered as you tried to clutch onto him again.

"GO!" he cried, heartbroken.

You stumbled back. You knew what this meant.

"I love you," you called out, blinking back tears that were already streaming down your cheeks.

Kennah held a small smile, his eyes hurting as he nodded and watched you escape.

Stumbling back and running towards the back of the water tanks that were clasped tight to the floor of the roof, you leaped over the hinges and wished to catch a glimpse of Kennah one last time. Struggling to maintain your balance as you walked over onto the pillars that drove to the sides of the building, you yanked your thighs over to balance and wrap around the fire-escapes below.