13 | keep your secret

"Come on, we've barely spent any time together recently. This will be good for us!"

"I don't know. When you said 'girls' night', I was thinking more, you know 'yeah, let's get fucked up and have a sesh'," Kylie responded matter-of-factly.

"We're not sixteen anymore so no 'sesh', and in case you've forgotten, I have a bun in the oven," Jess answered seriously, pointing to her slightly bloated looking tummy.

"Come on, Ky! It'll be a fun pamper night just like old times. I feel like I'm always working or busy planning the wedding with mum, we need a serious catch-up!" Jess whined, clasping her hands together in a mockingly begging fashion.

"Fine. You and your fucking pamper nights." Kylie muttered under her breath.

"This is going to be so much fun." Jess squealed, reverting back to her sixteen-year-old self.

"So much fucking fun." Kylie mimicked quietly.

-----------------------------------

"Are we still on for next week?" Kylie whispered to Elijah who was grabbing the beer bottles for Jax and Cody who were already seated in the lounge room.

Along with the pamper night for her and Kylie, Jess also arranged for Elijah to spend some time with his soon to be brother-in-law Cody, the two of which hadn't always seen eye to eye. And of course, Jax couldn't be left behind since Kylie and Jess were practically family too.

"Yeah, it's all been booked and paid for." He replied, a playful wink making its way onto his right eye.

The two had planned two nights away together in a hotel, agreeing that continuing their relationship under Jess's roof just wasn't right.

They'd long since planned it out completely; Elijah would be leaving tomorrow night on a so-called University research project and then four days later Kylie would follow suit, staying at her 'mothers' house. Elijah would then return first, followed by Kylie the following week.

They'd thought it all through and agreed the plan was absolutely fool-proof, there was no way Jess or anyone else would realise what the two were up to. Or, so they thought.

"What's all the whispering about?" Jax nudged his sister gently, a knowing but amused expression plastered across his face.

"Oh, you know, just boring wedding stuff," Kylie replied quickly, the lie easily slipping off her tongue.

"I thought Jess was doing all the wedding preparations?"

"What kind of maid-of-honour would I be if I didn't plan a surprise for my best-friend, huh?" Kylie returned, the annoyance beginning to become blatant in her expression.

"Right, sure," Jax responded, patting Elijah gently on the back, indicating he should join him and Cody in the lounge.

Kylie found it almost laughable how her perception of Elijah had changed, but even she knew the forbidden fruit always seemed more appealing just for the pure simple fact that it was forbidden.

She bit her lip as she stood at the doorway, relishing at how effortlessly seductive Elijah appeared in a grey pair of jogging pants and a plain white T.

She found her eyes drawn to his upturned thin lips that were currently in the form of a smirk. His tight jaw nothing but angular in shape and filled with the stubble that Kylie had once loathed but was slowly beginning to like, especially as it grazed against her skin at night.

Kylie charged upstairs after stealing yet another long glimpse at Elijah.

"Come here, Ky. It's been irking me since you got here to look at those large pores. We could land a fucking aeroplane in one of these." Jess exclaimed, beginning to paint Kylie's slender face with the clay mask.