Chapter 12: The Final Push for Freedom

A/N: Thank you for reading to now! This ends SAO and goes irl along with the next two games. We make our final push out of SAO and earn our freedom, along with experimenting with ALO. Enjoy!

             I woke up and saw everyone else was too. I saw a couple new rings and said something. "Rosalia, Midnight, did you two get married respectively? But I need to talk to you guys about a few things, particularly Command." I said, holding Maka's hand.

             "Which is?" Midnight asked.

            "Our final push. We need to combine both guilds at blazing force to get out of this Hell. Last I checked before all of this, we beat Floor 75. We need to push harder. We need to free ourselves now more than ever since we don't have death looming over us. Like we have this whole time." I said. "Let's go to war against the bosses."

           Midnight and Josh smiled. "Of course, it's time we show those bosses who runs this game!" Josh said.

            "Notify Commander Heathcliff at once?" I asked.

            "Definitely." Midnight said.

            "Agreed." Josh said.

            "Alright." I messaged the Commander. "Commander, the mission is a go. I got operational clearance from Josh." I messaged him.

            "Alright. Shouldn't be too long before we will be ready to take out the next floor." Heathcliff responded.

            "Solid copy. Mitch out." I responded. "Guys, Heathcliff and the KoB are inbound."

           After a long time of grueling fighting, we got to Floor 100, the very end of this Hell. I stood in front of the door. "Alright guys, this is the very end of the game. Let's do this! This one's gonna be tough, so rapier users are together. That means Asuna, Inori, Alipha, and I are in a group and they need to cover me." I said. "All of my Familiars go hot in animal forms!" I said with nods from all of them."Tanks first in line, DPS and stealthy fighters behind." I said. "Protect all who can heal." I added. Heathcliff, Asuna, Maka, Rosalia, and Command would be impressed by my strategic thinking and comment on it.

             "Alright! You clearly had this all planned out." Rosalia said.

             "Agreed, Rosalia, great planning Mitch." Heathcliff said.

             Asuna and Maka smiled. "Someone's been planning for a while by the sounds of it." Asuna said.

             Inori, Josh, and Midnight smiled. "Understood." They all said.

             "It's my generic plan I can adapt to situational changes with. I'm a tactician when necessary. And I want to deal the final blow to this game." I said. "Is everyone ready?"

            Everyone gave a nod, they were more than ready to get out,of this game.

             "TO BATTLE!!" I breached the door open. The monstrosity came at us and started wreaking havoc right off the bat. "Situational change! Dragons, fire! Everyone get back from these AOE attacks! Watch Ophi and Tia show how they brought LC compounds to the ground." I smirked. The passive Family Bond ability activated and combined their attacks into one giant ball of plasma. I waited for someone in high power to give the codeword 'Checkmate' for the fire order.

              Asuna waited until the boss had its face to them, then spoke. "Checkmate!"

             "Checkmate confirmed. Firing." I said. The bomb of pure plasma with black sparks around it was forcefully propelled at the monstrosity. The explosion caused a huge shockwave and gust of wind that would have to be blocked from their faces with their arms and have to stand their ground from the wave. I just stood there as I knew how to brace for it and Heathcliff just seemed to be unfazed.

                "Mind if I ask how their attacks combine like that!? That's just amazing!" Heathcliff said.

                "Passive ability." I stated after it took at least 3 bars of its 9 of damage, but the middle bars were the ones that were lost.

                "Passive ability?" Asuna and Rosalia asked.

                "You know what, tell me later." Asuna said, as Rosalia nodded in agreement.

                "I can now. There's still time. It's an ability that runs in their family, called Family Bond. It can combine two attacks from separate dragons, if not all four at once." I said. Midnight would be all wait what about it but Heathcliff would be absolutely stunned.

              Heathcliff just stared at Mitch.

              "Wait, all four can do that!? How did I not see that in the code!?" Midnight said, "I made that ability, so I don't understand, how!?"

             "YOU MADE IT?!! HOW YOURSELF?!!" I asked. "But I must say, I'm impressed. We have 30 seconds to strike as hard as possible before it moves again!" I said, knowing the extent of a Family Bond attack's power. "Rapier group, move up. Tanks, behind just in case!" I said. "Everyone else, cover the healers!" I added.

               "Got it!" Everyone responded as I charged my most powerful skill which is connected to Elias' power, Demon's Claw, but as I charged it, I was vulnerable to attack."Inori, Asuna, cover me!" I called.

               "Right!" They said, getting ready to counter any attack to the best of their ability.

               Elias came out in the supercharge as the attack started. 18 clean hits with a massive shockwave lowered it to 1 bar, but it wouldn't die easily. "Tanks, advance!" I called, readying up for another round. "Heathcliff, lead the tanks!" I added.

                Heathcliff nodded, he had been waiting, ready.

                The boss sent its full power at them, enough to move Heathcliff himself, but I waited for his call to strike.

                As the tanks slowly managed to get it's health down some, Heathcliff waited for just the right moment. The second it hit orange, he signalled for Mitch to make his move, while the boss was distracted.

                I went and unleashed another skill and got the last hit. The boss was nothing but shards. "WE DID IT!!" I cheered. "The logout button returned...." I was tearing up in joy.

                Maka ran up and hugged Mitch tightly, happily. "We can finally go back to the real world!"

               "And get married." I said only loud enough for her to hear.

                Josh and Rosalia said similar things to their lovers and kissed them and I followed suit.

                After all of the kissing, even Asuna with Kirito, I ran and hugged Asuna. "I'll get to see you again, but for real!" I nearly cried.

               Alipha and Maka's familiars ran to their respective tamers, they knew what this meant. They didn't want to let go of them.

              All ten of mine were crying, they didn't want me to go, but there wasn't a choice. Maybe they would find all of us in some other VR world. In fact, they would: ALfheim Online. They hugged me regardless. "You all are like my family, and I don't want to lose you either. Reaper, you're my baby as my first one I ever tamed. I love you guys." I said, tearfully.

"Shh, it's okay. We love you too." They all said.

I looked at everyone. "Ready guys?" I asked.

"Yup" Everyone said in sync. We all hit the logout buttons and woke up in our hospital beds, feeling normal surprisingly. We found out the news of the hack, as did our families, should any be left for members of the guild. Dad was going to forgive Kayaba for his actions. Everyone would go where they felt they needed to. It was only a matter of time until we found out where we all were and would realize it was the same hospital wing. We would all find out about ALO and be willing to dive right back in, as it had a logout button and respawn function.