Sorry and Honesty

JIA

I woke up because my throat was hurting and I feel really thirsty. When I looked around, mag-isa lang ako sa room.

I looked at the clock and it says 1:00pm. Ang sakit ng ulo at katawan ko.

Hmmmmmm… Pero ang ganda ng panaginip ko...

I dreamt that Bea was the one who took care of me. Ginising niya pa nga raw ako to let me take my meds and have sips of water, siya din daw nag sponge bath sa akin.

If only it were true.

Ayoko pang bumangon! Can I go back to dreaming of Bea nalang…

Then my stomach growled,

Urrrggghh! Wala pa  pala akong kain since last night…

I slowly turned to my side, and started to get up. Naka-upo na ako sa bed pero bigla akong nahilo, so I didn’t stand immediately.

Then I heard our bedroom door open.

Akala ko ba wala silang lahat dito? Baka nakonsensya si Michifu sa pag-iwan sa akin. Haha

I turned to look kung sino ang pumasok “B-Bea?!” gulat kong tanong.

“Ji!” halatang nagulat din siya “What are you doing up?” at lumakad siya papalapit sa bed.

“Ikaw?! What are you doing here?” balik kong tanong sa kanya.

“Ah, eh, I’ve been here since this morning after the practice…” then she bent down to put something on my study table. That’s when I noticed the tray she was carrying. My laman na bowl and a glass of water.

“This morning?!” I exclaimed.

So I wasn’t dreaming?!

And what’s that?” I asked referring to the tray.

“Ah yeah, this morning. Wala daw kasing mag-babantay sayo sabi ni beh, so I offered to do it.” she smiled sweetly and napakamot pa sa ulo.

“Oh, and eto pala” referring to the tray.

“I brought you some soup since I think you haven’t eaten since yesterday pa.”

I was just staring at her with my mouth open.

She’s here! I missed her and she’s here!

And siya pa talaga nag-alaga sa akin. But wait, after niya akong iwas-iwasan for more than a month ganun nalang?! She expects us to be okay?!

“Ah Ji?” she said, disturbing me from my thoughts.

“Kain ka na, lalamig ang sabaw oh…” she said referring to the tray.

Iwan mo nalang yan diyan, I’ll eat later. Thanks.” I answered, not looking at her anymore.

“And I’m already fine, di mo na ako kailangan bantayan.”

Harsh naman Ji, but it’s better this way. Ayoko nang ma-attached ulit sa kanya tapos iiwan lang din naman niya later gaya ng nangyari lately.

I didn’t hear anything for a few minutes or so, so I turned to look if umalis nga ba siya, but she was still there, nakatayo lang and looking at the floor. The she looked up to me and said

“I heard about the infamous Jia temper, I guess ito na yon?” tanong niya ng naka-ngiti, but it’s her fake smile, not the smile I love.