Rescue and Retreat

JIA

And I wouldn’t trade my breakfast with you for anything else in the world…”

These words kept running through my mind for the past 5 days since she said it.

What does she mean? And why am I bothered by this?

But that moment, when we were looking into each other’s eyes,I knew there was something there.

Although I didn’t understand what I was feeling, I was nervous and yet I was calm. I felt safe, like she would never hurt me. There were other emotions I didn’t even recognize.

Aaaaarrrggghhh! What are you doing to me Isabel Beatriz De Leon?!!!

I mean para namang wala sa kanya. Nung mga trainings nga namin after that incident eh patay malisya naman siya, balik nanaman siya ng pakikipag-kulitan kay Jho. Wala din nag-bago sa kanyang attitude towards me.

Hindi nga ako nireplyan nung nagtxt ako asking if okay lang ba siya! Sus! Binibigyan ko lang ata ng malisya to.

Overthinking?! Yeah, keep telling yourself that Ji.

I was currently in the cafeteria eating alone. May make up class kasi si Mich, and looking around I don’t’s see anyone I know.

Ayoko pa naman kumakain mag-isa, I feel like pinagtitinginan ako ng mga tao, so I ate in a hurry. I was about to finish when I suddenly heard a voice in front of me say,

“Hi Jia, mind if I sit here?”

Si Troy!

At nilagay niya na talaga ang food niya sa table and started to sit down without waiting for an answer.

“Ah…” I started to say, but he cut me off saying,

“C’mon Ji. We both know you’re alone. None of your eagle friends are here. I’m good company naman eh, just give me a chance.” He said smiling smugly as he tried to reach for my hand.

Uggghhhh! Ang presko talaga! The nerve of this guy!

“I-I’m actually waiting for someone…” I said trying my best to lie, pero I don’t think it’s working kasi nakangiti pa rin siya.

“Really?” he said arrogantly, and looked around us.

“Because I don’t see anyone coming towards you. Bakit ka pa kasi nagpapa-kipot? I like you and you should be honored, so let’s be together, what do you say?” then gave me a triumphant smile.

Talaga namang! Argggghhhh!!!!!

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when I heard someone say from behind me,

“Hey babe, sorry to keep you waiting…” and hinawakan niya ang likod ko. I looked up to see who it was and saw...

Mr. Sinigang!

He was looking down at me smiling pleasantly as if it’s the most natural thing to do.

Ang gwapo niya!!!!

Umayos ka nga Jia!

Then he said, “You ready to go?” and held out his hand to help me.

“Uhhhh….” Wala akong maisip sabihin.

Sagot Jia! O baka naman gusto mong magtagal pa dito kasama si Troy?