Confusion and Missing You

BEA

And just like that, me and Jia became friends!

It has been a week since that dinner at McDo, and ever since then we would eat together after our extra training. Breakfast is her treat, and dinner was mine.

Our extra time to train was paying off, our plays were getting better and better. We even developed our own hand gestures for our plays. The team and kahit sila coach Tai napansin din ang pagbabago..

"Good! Good!" sigaw ni coach Tai nung isang morning na nag match kami. Magka team kami ni Jia, and after her perfect set I managed to score against ate Ly and ate Amy na nasa kabilang team.

"Good work girls!" sabi naman ni ate Ly after the practice. "I see you two are communicating well with each other. Keep it up!"

"Galing, gawin niyo lang yan sa lahat ng games natin eh sure na tayo!" sabi naman ni ate Den.

"Thank you po!" sabay naming sagot ni Jia, and I saw her blushing. Hindi talaga to sanay i-compliment.

"Pano Bea, another hour tonight?" baling niya sa akin

"Yep, as usual" sagot ko smiling.
This became our ritual, staying 1-2 hours after everyone has left para mag practice, and so far, I can't complain.

I cherish the time we spend together, and immediately miss her when we go our separate ways.

Don't get me wrong, she still makes me nervous, but it's the "comfortable nervous" now, not the "panicky nervous" like before.

I learned a lot of things about her during this short span of time.

She's funny when she wants to, but most of the time she just listens. Her laughter is so infectious, I can't help but laugh as well, and when she smiles, nawawala ang eyes niya, which makes her so much more adorable. She's grumpy in the morning, but a cup of hot choco to start the day and she'll be in a good mood. And, kumukunot yung noo niya when she's thinking about something serious.

And thinking about all these, I realized,

Patay ka Bea...

"Bei?" she was looking at me curiously. We were on the way home after dinner, and of course ihahatid ko siya sa Eliazo.

"Ah. Yes? Sorry, may naisip lang ako." mabilis kong palusot. "Ano ulit yun Ji?"

"I said, I'm going home this weekend so I can't practice. Nagpa-alam na ako sa team and kela coach, okay naman daw." pag-eexplain niya.

"Sabi nga pala nila coach enough na daw yung extra practice natin at mukhang nagkaka-intindihan na tayo, haha!" natatawa nitong sabi.

I smiled "Ah..." I suddenly felt down.

I won't see her for 2 days? Ang tagal naman nun!

"Huiiii," sabay palo sa balikat ko.

"Okay ka lang?" she asked and I saw na nakakunot ang noo niya na nakaharap sa akin.

"Yep, I'm fine, ano ka ba? Haha" sabay pilit kong ngiti.

"So, what will you do this weekend since walang practice and wala ako?" pang-aasar niya pa. Buti nalang naniwala sa sagot ko.

Mag-aantay sa pagbalik mo? naisip ko

"Uhm, I have plans with Jho din... So at least matutuloy na kami." pagsisinungaling ko pa.

Mental note,ayain lumabas si Jho this weekend