Chapter Fifteen

*Genesis P.O.V*
The next day...
7:55 a.m.

My attorney pushed our meeting to the next day so I was up bright and early

My attorney pushed our meeting to the next day so I was up bright and early. "Laura, I'm outside of the corporate office. Are you here?" I asked my attorney.

"Yes, Genesis. I'm on the forth floor," she replied. I then hung up and proceeded inside to the meeting. "Hello, everyone," I said as I got settled in.

"Attorney Peterman, this is my client, Genesis Morgan, who was involved in the accident with your client, Courtney Williams. Ms. Williams, will you start," Laura said.

"Well, as I was saying before she walked in, I can see how I was in the wrong, but when does her wrong come in?" Courtney asked.

"Ms. Williams, I see where you're going but do you get that you were drunk and you were the one swerving into the other lane?" Laura asked. "I will not sit here and take this, Mr. Peterman?" Courtney shouted.

"Alright, Ms. Williams," Peterman started. "Calm down. We will settle this appropriately. So, how much money are we talking? Give me a number and I'll let you know within the next two months, after court." Laura looked at him like he was stupid.

"Mr. Peterman," she started. "This would be ruled bribery if we were in the court. I'll have you know, my client and I are trying to a have a professional agreement and if you can't agree with us precisely on that, then we can take it to the court sooner."

Mr. Peterman opened his binder.
"It says here, Ms. Morgan, that you weren't even supposed to be driving that day," he said.

"Mr.-" I cut Laura off.
"I got this, Laura," I started. "Mr. Peterman, sir. November first was actually the day after I got my license back. Sir, I wasn't in the wrong, at all. I was in my lane and I was going the speed limit. If you want to point fingers, may I ask you to keep them that way." I pointed to Courtney.

"She even had a little boy in the car with her. All of us could've died that night. Gratefully, God was on our side and he continues to be. So, you shouldn't point fingers if they're going to lead back to YOUR client."

"Mr. Peterman, what my client forgot to say is, we'll see you in court next week." She smirked and we got up and headed for the door. Handled that professionally.

*Sy'Air P.O.V*
8:45 a.m.

m