•I Wonder Why He's So Intrigued By Me•

He licked his lips devilishly, straightening himself, stretching his arms out in front of him. His pastel green eyes were drilling holes into my skull, I frowned, folding my arms across my body. Why did he love to torture me so? We barely knew each other- and I didn't care to know too much about him. Sure, every little thing about him intrigued me; but I didn't want him to ruin my chance at holding down a job, even though I worked for him. He was chewing the inside of his mouth before he spoke.

"What made you want to work here?" He asked, I sighed. I wasn't in the mood to engage in small-talk anymore, as being near him made my body want to evaporate into millions of little water droplets.

"I've always walked past the place, and I figured that it would be an interesting place to work at." I shrugged, there was some truth to my words. He frowned, his fingers stopped tapping. It was as though he thought that I was lying to him. I wasn't lying, I had just neglected to tell him some minor information. Information that wouldn't matter if it was heard or forgotten- thus why I hadn't told him. My body issues were personal, and the reasons why I wanted to work the night shifts didn't need to be heard too.

"Bullshit." He said simply, in a low tone, leaning over the bar to get a bottle of something.

"Haven't you drunk enough already?" I snapped, he scowled at me.

"I only drank half of the bottle that you brought for me, I'm saving it for later? Do we have a problem?" He purred, knowing damn well that he was irking me. I wanted to punch the little egotistical bastard, but, unfortunately I liked him too much. The way he looked at me, the way he acted- I suddenly felt the urge to quit my job. You can't fall in love with your boss, it's not a healthy working relationship. Inside I was panicking like a maniac, but, I managed to keep my outward-self composed.

"As you wish." I said quietly, leaning back against the fridges, watching him pop the cap off with his thumb. The sound that it made as it dropped against the marble countertop rang in my ears, my fingers curled by my sides.

"Why are you lying about why you want to work here, little mouse. It's not good to lie to your boss, I could punish you for that." He grinned, I rolled my eyes.

"Because, Thaddeus, I don't have to tell you everything that goes on in my mind. It's not for you to know, and I suspect that you'll never know. It's rude that you automatically think that you can abuse your power in a bid to control me. Just because I work for you, it does not mean that I have to tell you every little thing about me." I said bitterly, deciding that I would leave him to be his annoying self. Leaving the bar, I heard him chuckle  loudly, like he had already achieved his goal of upsetting me already. I heard a whistle, I stopped in my tracks, refusing to look at his evil little face.

"You know, you're different to most of the boys that I see around here. I like it." He said with a growl, I shuddered, almost throwing myself down the stairs. I hurried over to the front desk, sinking back into my spinning chair. Penelope didn't bother to check whether I was okay or not, she was on the phone to somebody. Perhaps a family member, as she seemed to be overly-friendly to them. I put my head down on the desk, unintentionally falling into a much need nap.
                                         ~>•<~

A loud thud woke me up, I almost had a heart attack, lifting my head, eyes opening. I heard a chuckle, and the creak of a chair as Tallulah sat down. He turned to face me, a grin on his face. "Did I startle you?" He chuckled, elegantly crossing his legs.

"No. Not at all." I lied, sitting up with a huge yawn. I stretched my arms, letting them drop to my side. I sighed, wishing that I would've ran home instead of allowing myself to fall asleep.

"You've had a little bit of a stalker, he's just been silently standing up there on the balcony, he hasn't moved all day. He's been drinking like a champion, though, I'll have you know. But, I think that he's built up a tolerance because if I had consumed that much alcohol I'd probably be on life-support." He said, raising his eyebrows, moving his head in the direction of the bar. There he was, my little Thaddeus, standing with a wine glass in his hand, leaning against the banister. "Maybe if you wave at him it'll get him to go away." He joked, his long nails tapping against the keys of the computer in front of him. Looking up in the direction of Thaddeus, I noticed that he was indeed still standing there. I didn't want to talk to him any more today, and I certainly didn't have the patience to talk to the drunken version of him. That very same drunken Thaddeus had forced me into falling for him, the way the he spoke was just alluring enough. "He won't go away unless you tell him to, you know. He's like a ghost, he'll watch you until you do what he wants. But, usually people give in to him. You're like a challenge, and I think that you're giving him too much excitement." Tallulah shrugged, as I toyed with the idea of talking to him again. I figured that I might as well just talk to him; there was no harm in that, right?

"Fine." I growled, pushing my chair against the cabinets sitting behind us. I walked slowly towards the flight of stairs, he was watching me as though he was the bird of prey, and I was the "little mouse" that was unwillingly walking into his open trap. His face was saturated with confusion, the wine glass in his hand was already half-empty. He didn't seem to be drunk, in fact he seemed to be completely sober. He wasn't falling all over the place, he was stood statue-like, watching and waiting; the only thing moving was his head. Getting to the top of the stairs, he took my wrist in his warm hand, dragging me over to a table waiting in a dark corner.

-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Fake ID by Rat Boy

A.N
It's always been a dream of mine to watch Arcade Fire live, and I've FINALLY got that chance next year!! Next year is gonna be amazing I cannae wait tbh. And Rat Boy is my new fucking obsession because he was so lovely to me and his band was so deliciously nice to me and let me take millions of pictures of em eeeeeee....

Also, late update wooooops....

Don't forget to comment and vote, it really helps me out <3