A Dinner I Can't Forget By DipStick45

Here is the wonderful one-shot by DipStick45

"I think it's healthy for the both of us if we end our marriage with at least a good memory."

He had made dinner, or at least tried to; he had set up everything so nicely on our dining room table. I stood a bit afar off, staring at the whole setting in complete bewilderment.

"Won't you at least have one more dinner with me?" He asked, both of his palms rested against the edge of our table.

"I don't think that's the brightest idea," I answered, watching him cautiously from where I stood.

"Just sit, please," he beckoned; making his way over to my plating, he pulled out my seat, "Besides, I know you won't have anything else for dinner tonight."

I was already too tired and too angry at everything around me to protest. Maybe arguing would only make things worse than they already were. Deciding I really had no other alternative around this situation, I took some steps closer to the chair he pulled out for me.

He stepped away from my seat once I had placed my hand on the back of the chair. Then, being the stubborn woman I was, I pushed the seat he had just pulled out for me back under the table.

He was already about to take a seat in his own chair across the table when he noticed my action and stared up at me with confusion, "What are you doing?"

"I can pull out my own chair, thank you very much." I spat, pulling the chair back out on my own. Taking a seat in my chair finally, I heard Adrien scoff from the other side of the table.

"Seriously? Was that really necessary?"

I rolled my eyes as I picked up my fork which lay beside my plate, "The only reason I'm here is because you insisted."

He shook his head in annoyance, "You know, instead of being so negative about everything, you could show a little gratitude."

I practically slammed my palm onto the table, causing a loud sound to echo out throughout the almost empty apartment, "Gratitude?" The question left my mouth so bitterly, "For what? I don't see anything that deserves it."

Adrien narrowed his eyes at me, "Would you eat your food Marinette?" He asks, already annoyed with my behavior, "Show some gratitude at least that I'm trying to make our last moment together nice. Stop trying to bicker."

"Nice?" I laughed bitterly at that, completely disregarding anything else he had just said, "When has anything been running nice for us?"

"Knock it off, Marinette." He warned, looking up at me from his plate just slightly to give me a look.

I didn't listen.

"I can't enjoy this dinner when there is someone missing it," I chocked on the words that escaped my lips, "How can you act as if everything is fine, when in reality, we have lost our baby boy?"

Adrien sighed, pushing himself back in his seat just a bit, he replied, "I didn't want to bring up Tommy."

"Well you can't expect me not to," I spat, "A part of our life is missing; how can you just sit there and pretend everything is fine?"

At that, he stood up suddenly, pushing his chair back harshly and eyeing me with a glare that proved he was angry, "Maybe because I'm willing to accept reality Marinette!" He shouted at me.

"Don't raise your voice at me!" I scolded him; I too standing to my feet "I know our son is gone! I have accepted reality!"

"Really?" He laughed bitterly at me like I had done to him before, "If you have accepted the painful truth, you wouldn't have immediately asked for a divorce."

His words struck at my heart, but I pushed it away just so I could stare at him longer with my deathly stare, "Tomorrow we go to court," I say, causing his eyes to meet mine again, "And after those papers are signed, I'll be reminding myself every day as a single woman what an amazing decision I made to divorce you."

Adrien's eyes immediately softened upon hearing my words, and a look of sadness consumed him. Instead of shooting something just as nasty to me, he replied with something more simple as, "The feeling is mutual."

I crossed my arms as I watched him step away from his seating and abandon his plate on the table. Without any other words, he made his way down the hall away from the dining room and the echo of a slammed door echoed soon after his disappearance.

Sitting back down in my chair, my eyes landed on the untouched plate before me. What an unpleasant dinner this turned out to be.

It was one I'd definitely never forget.

-----------------------------

Thank you @DipStick45 for the beautiful one-shot :) I'm so proud of you :)