3

ADRIEN

I feel my head starting to ache as I go down the staircase that leads to my basement. As I arrive there, I turn on the lights and I admire the view in front of me: My paintings and sculptures. I have to check on all of them for my art exhibit next week.

I go through all of them. My paintings of landscapes. My sculptures of different Anime characters. Hey! That addiction can never go away.

I pass by every painting and sculpture of mine until I reach the entrance to my back room. I keep my important and meaningful paintings there. I open the door and I enter the room.

The room was dusty. All my first paintings are here. I even have a lot of portraits of my wife. Ex-wife, I mean. I go through all the paintings since I remembered one painting that I never displayed or showed to anyone before. That painting has been stuck in my head for weeks already and I really need to see it right now.

After going through most of my paintings, I found it. It's an abstract painting and I think that I would be the only one who would understand it. I moved far from it and I saw my hidden picture. I drew a family, my family. With a drawing of me in the left and my wife on the right while she is carrying our son. Using different shapes and sizes, I created my family portrait. I go near the painting and I look at the lower right corner. It has her initials: M.A.

Marinette Agreste

This was supposed to be my gift for Marinette when Thomas was 2 months old. I was so happy the first time I saw Thomas that I made a family portrait in 2 months. But Marinette never got to receive my gift because on the day I was going to give it to her, we found out that Tommy was sick. How could I give her the painting without letting her get hurt?

So I have been keeping the painting for more than 4 years already and it wouldn't hurt to display it, right? Oh God, my head hurts just by thinking about it.

I need to relax first because this single painting is making my life so stressful right now. Ah! I know the perfect place where I can cool myself down.

---------------------

I enter one of Paris' top clubs and I see Nino at the sound booth. He's a DJ in this club and he is well-known around Paris and he has a stable relationship with a famous blogger too.

I walk over to him as he was drinking vodka. I can tell that he was having his break now. I take away his glass from him and I drink what's left in the glass. Nino looks bewildered to see me.

"Hey!" He shouts, "That drink is not on the house!"

"Make me drunk." I simply say to him.

He looked puzzled. He knows that I don't like to get drunk and he also knows all too well that no one can take care of me when I get drunk.

"Adrien, what the hell are you trying to say?" He shouts over the music.

I sigh and I scratch my head because of how annoyed I am already.

"I have a problem, okay?!" I shout over the music in order for him clearly understand what I am saying. "A very big problem and I don't know what to do!"

Nino must have understood what I said since he took my arm and lead me inside a VIP room where we could only see a few people loitering around.

"Okay, tell me the whole damn story." Nino says once we sit on the bar stools.

"I don't know if I should display the painting or not." I directly go straight to the topic.

"If this is about your art exhibit next week then you should display it!" He exclaims.