8

MARINETTE

"Adrien?" I say on the phone while sitting on the couch in our living room.

"My lady? Yes? What's wrong?" I hear his frantic voice over the phone.

I know why he's panicking. I never call him at work and when I do, it means that something wrong is happening right now.

But the reason for my call is more of good news. I am now four months pregnant and I now know our baby's gender, we're having a boy!

"Adrien...I'm sorry.." I continue, trying not to laugh.

"Oh my God..." I hear Adrien trying to calm himself down, "Mari, tell me what's wrong-"

"Adrien, I love you." I cut him off.

"My lady, I love you so much. Please tell me what's wrong." He says frantically and his voice is shaky, it's like as if he is going to cry at any moment.

"There's another guy..."

I don't hear any sound on the phone. "Adrien? Hello?"

"You don't love me anymore?" I hear his voice and I hear him sniff. He's crying.

"What? Adrien, I just told you that I love you...but now I love two men." And here I am trying not to laugh at him. Oh, I am loving this.

"Marinette. Are you having a hard time choosing who you should be with? Then don't choose me...because...because.." He stops as he tries to regain his breath, "Because if you really loved me then you wouldn't have even fallen in love with another man..."

Oh no. What have I done.

"Adrien..."

"Where are you, my lady?" He interrupts. Damn, he still calls me his lady even when he thinks that I don't want to be with him anymore.

"I'm at home." I answer.

"Call the man. I want to meet him at home. I'll see you in 10 minutes. I love you." Then he ends the call.

I burst out laughing once he ends the call.

"I'm such a horrible wife!!" I cry out loud as I wipe the tears from my eyes because of laughing. "Oh no. He's going to kill me once he finds out that I was just playing with him."

I look down at my abdomen and I rub it in circles.

"Baby," I whisper at it, "Your daddy is going to know about you...I hope he won't get mad at your mommy..."

The front door opens and Adrien strides in the living room and before I can say anything to him, he forcefully kisses me and I gasp because of the impact. I don't kiss back because of his surprise kiss and now he stops, noticing that I'm not kissing back.

"Why are you not kissing back?" He asks as he cups my cheeks using both hands.

"I-"

"It's because of that man, isn't it?" He interrupts and he rakes his fingers through his hair out of frustration. "I'm not yet enough for you? Because if I was then you wouldn't be cheating on me..." He immediately stands up from the couch and he starts to walk to the stairs that leads to our room.

"Wait!" I immediately stand from the couch and I hug Adrien with his back facing me. "Adrien..."

"Where is the man?" He asks, "I want to see him...did you call him?"