cuddles // th

"Love," You shook his bare shoulder gently as you looked at his sleeping face. You smiled at him, giggling as his eyebrows furrowed when he groaned. His grip around your waist tightened as he stretched his legs. You tangled your fingers in his hair, which was glistening in the sunlight that seeped through the curtains. His skin almost looked golden under the morning sun.

"It's almost nine," You remarked, trying to wake him enough to get his attention. "We should get up now,"

He whined and brought his hand up to rub his eyes. Your lower lip slightly pouted at his adorableness.

"But darling, I have the day off," He slightly rolled away from you, but kept one arm wrapped around your body. He yawned and finally opened his eyes.

"Yes, I know, but if you don't get up now, you won't want to sleep later tonight," Your hand slid down to his chest. You could feel his steady heartbeat under your hand.

"And you know how you are in the morning when you don't get enough sleep," You warned him. He let out another whine and he completely engulfed you in his arms. You let out a small giggle as he rolled half of his body on top of you.

"Just let me go back to sleeeeep," He mumbled into your shoulder. "Just a little longer,"

"No, it's time to be awake," You slapped his back subtlety. Despite your attempts, his eyes slowly closed. You sighed and shook him again. He groaned and rolled off of you.

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" He whined, throwing a small tantrum next to you. You only laughed quietly in response. It didn't take long for him to smile lightly and bring you back into his arms.

"Not actually, though," He kissed your collar bone and rested his head on your chest. You pushed the stray strands of hair out of his face.

"Okay, I'm up," He yawned and opened his eyes completely as he looked up at you. "What now?"

"Cuddles," A sheepish smile appeared on your face.

"Cuddles? You woke me up for cuddles?" He raised his voice, but in a joking way. He shifted on top of you, his knees planted on either side of your hips.

"Sorry, love, but you're gonna get a lot more than just cuddles for waking me up,"