first kiss // pp

A lot of firsts were checked off of your list that night. It was your first time going to your local drive in without the company of your family. It was your first date. And it was the first time you had ever felt this level of butterflies. Maybe for Peter it wasn't the same, but you knew in your heart that that night was just as special to him.

You sat on the ground, in front of your car. The blanket you sat on was a little dampened from the rain that went on the previous day, but that didn't matter to you. The only thing you could focus on was Peter sitting next to you, and how his hand was inching towards yours. You could only barely see it because of the darkness that surrounded you, but the small amount of light that came from the largely projected movie allowed you to see. He didn't notice that you were looking, he was just looking at the large screen. You quickly cut the wait short and intertwined your fingers with his. He looked over at you, his expression surprised and flustered. You shot a small smile at him and looked back up at the movie, like it was no big deal. The first time you had held hands with a boy. The butterflies in your stomach fluttered, and a bit of heat crept up your neck. The movie, you weren't particularly impressed with, but it was actually quite scary. You scooted closer to him as you saw a pair of glowing eyes in the corner of the screen. You heard a small chuckle erupt from him as you buried your face in his neck when the creature popped out in front of the main character. Instinctively, he hugged you back, engulfing you in his strong arms. You refused to look back up at the movie, despite his many attempts at telling you the monster was gone. But once you finally did, you started to feel droplets of rain on your face. A quiet chatter began as people picked up everything they had on the ground. You both scrambled to your feet as the rain became more intense. You both gathered up your belongings and threw them in the trunk of your car. The rain started to pour. Peter swiftly took off his jacket and held it over both of your heads as he lead you to the passenger side. You blushed and giggled at how close he was to you, his warm, damp skin colliding with yours. You struggled to open the car door, due to the slippery handle. He returned a chuckle.

"Open the door!' He laughed, nudging you forward. Your hand kept slipping.

"I'm trying!" You yelled back. You finally opened the door and crawled inside. He ran to the driver's side and sat down next to you. With both of you panting, wet, and blushing, your butterflies had somehow dissipated. The light in the car had finally faded out, and you fell silent. You couldn't hear the movie because you had to keep your windows up so you wouldn't get even more soaked.

"We can't even hear anything now," Peter breathed out. He looked over at you, his smile still apparent in the dim lighting. "Whatever," He added. "That movie was pretty shit, anyways," You stifled a laugh and rolled your eyes.

"I almost feel bad for making you come here with me," You joked, looking down at your lap.

"Don't feel bad," He began, his smile fading. An expression of nervousness took its place. You looked up into his eyes. "All that matters is that you're here...and I'm here," His voice trailed off. You couldn't keep your eyes off of him. Your heart started pounding in your chest. That familiar sensation of chills running down your spine became apparent again.

"R-really?" You forced out an uncomfortable giggle.

"Yeah! Totally..." His gaze couldn't focus on one single thing. Silence fell again for an agonizingly long moment. You tried to watch the movie without sound, but you had no idea what was going on. The tension was undeniable. Tom finally looked over at you and broke the silence.

"I...I think you're really cool, Y/N" His voice was quiet, but genuine. You shot your gaze up at him.

"I think you're cool too," You admitted. The butterflies were replaced with a passion to kiss him.

"I just...I've never met someone like you before...someone who understands me as well as you do," You could only stare into his eyes. Your heart started pounding in your ears as you tried to take deep breaths. Your chest started to swell; you could feel it aching. Thoughts flooded your mind as he continued his speech. Should I do it? Okay, i'm gonna do it. When should I? Oh no, he's still talking. Should I say something before I do it? No, I can't wait any more. Everything was building up inside of you. You felt like of you didn't kiss him then, you would explode.

You sprung forward impulsively, and finally connected your lips to his. It took him a second, but after he had processed what happened, he kissed back. His hand tangled him your drenched hair.

A lot of firsts were checked off of your list that night. It was your first time going to your local drive in without the company of your family. It was your first date. And it was the first time you had ever felt this level of butterflies. Maybe for Peter it wasn't the same, but you knew in your heart that that night was just as special to him. It was your first kiss.