Too Good To Be True

Start from the beginning

I lean against my desk, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. Come on Allison, you need to come out with it. I reopen my eyes and look directly at him.

"I had a meeting with my producer of my tv show today and my manager today." I say.

"Oh?" He says.

"Before I tell you, please just know I tried to negotiate with them different terms. Because of...us." I plead.

He raises an eyebrow and stands up to go sit at my piano in the room. Playing a soft tune, whilst staring in a space.

"Does this have something to do with why you didn't say something about the pass I gave you for my tour?" He asks.

"Yes." I say, my heart trying to jump out of my chest.

He stops playing and turns his head to look at me out of the corner out of his eye

"What do they want you to do?" He asks.

"The producer wants me to film at Vancouver for a whole year...then my manager is expecting me to go on tour for a year or longer after filming finishes to promote the album I finished recently." I reveal.

He looks away, looking ahead of him so his back is turned to me. I knew he'd be angry, but like I said...I tried to negotiate. They wouldn't budge.

"How many breaks do you get during filming?" He asks.

"Only the holidays." I sigh.

He sighs and slams down the cover on the piano, making me jump. He stands to his feet, turning to look at me.

"So what...that's just it then? You want us to wait two years until you finish filming and come back from tour? I'm supposed to wait for you?" He asks in an angry tone.

"No. I don't expect you to wait for me..." I say, tears filling my eyes.

His expression gets even more angrier, his fists clench by his side.

"So...you're ending this just as it's getting started. That's what this is." He says.

"Prince...I don't want to, but I don't want you to waste two years of your life waiting around for me. You shouldn't have to stop living your life for me, you have a career as well." I argue.

He scoffs.

"Yes, but did it occur to you what I wanted?" He asks.

I couldn't get a word out, no matter what I say he just gets angrier.

"What do you want, Prince?" I ask.

"You. I want you, I would have been willing to try and make this work. But I guess you made up your mind." He gives me a glare.

He takes out a seed from a fruit he had been chewing on and tosses it in the trash, looking up at me before yelling.