S E V E N

"Jimin, what are the results?" a red faced Yoongi asked, as soon as I answered the door. I passed him the letter. "Oh god Jimin no please god no." Yoongi said, and tears clouded his eyes. "I just found my soulmate, how can this happen?" He said, and fell to his knees, "Yoongi, please don't cry, there's a 70 percent chance the the surgery will work, please." I said, I knew it would tire me to get up, but I sat down beside Yoongi and engulfed him in my arms.

"I'm so sorry..." Yoongi said, "It's okay." I said, and hugged him tighter, "I have to tell my mom about this, can you be there?" I asked, and he nodded, and helped me up. "Mom!" I called, and she poked her head out from the kitchen. "Mhmm? Oh, Yoongi! You're back!" She said, I walked to her and gave her the letter, she opened it and read it, then engulfed me in a hug.

"Jiminnie, you'll be fine, okay?" She said, and cupped my cheeks, I smiled, but secretly, I didn't really know if I'd survive the surgery. "I hope so, mom, and I think Yoongi's getting jealous." I said, and grinned over my shoulder. I turned to Yoongi, who was staring at his toes, and wiping tears from his eyes.

"Yoongi!" I said, and ran to him and embraced him, he hugged me back. "I promise I won't die, okay?" I said, and he nodded. Then, I leaned forward and kissed him, it was my first kiss, and my cannula dug into both of our upper lips, but really, I never felt anything better than his lips.

We pulled apart, and his lips were slightly swollen, he smiled at me. "That was my first kiss." I said, and felt my cheeks heat up when he caressed my cheek. "Mine too." He said, and kissed me again. My mom had left the kitchen when we kissed, leaving us alone. "I'm so sorry, Jiminnie, but I have to go now." Yoongi said, and kissed me on the cheek, and hugged me so tight that I couldn't feel my lower body.

We walked to the door together and he walked down the driveway, I retreated inside and climbed the stairs, and flopped down on my bed.

How pathetic, that I wish there was a certain person lying next to me.

-394 words