F O U R

When I woke up, I knew that it was Friday immediately, the day when my results from yesterdays test would come in the mail. I got out of bed and checked myself out in the mirror.               

Not so hot this morning.

My soft pink hair was in a mess, it was floofy and big, I looked at the mirror in dismay. I wet my hands and started using them to pat my mess of hair down, it sort of worked then I grabbed some hair wax to put in my hair, to style it and make it look sort of cool.

I switched my oxygen tank out and got dressed, it used to be difficult manoeuvring my clothes around the oxygen tank, but I got used to it after a while.

I grabbed my oxygen tank by the handle and lifted it up when I had to walk down the stairs to the kitchen, to have breakfast, I poured myself some cheerios and ate them while scrolling through my Instagram.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, to the bus stop, mom always has to leave early to support me, my brother and my medical care. I hate it, but I'm grateful that mom was able to get  better-paid promotion.

I walked on the bus, and sat at the front, next to the window, I leaned my head against it and felt the bus shaking, it was a nice feeling. I got out my book, and started reading, the world around me became a blur of colours and the noise again.

I read until the bus stopped by my school, and everyone waited for me to get down the stairs before the hustle to the door began.

I walked to my new locker, and put in my code; 9763 and opened my locker to grab my books out and put my backpack away, class was far away from my locker, so I walked there, I was bound to get lost, anyway. 

But, surprisingly, I didn't, I walked through the maze of corridors, and found my class quickly, I leaned against the wall and began to read, I had nearly finished it. It was interesting enough for me to read even though the main character had died.

The teacher approached and I bowed, along with the other students, and we all filed into class, and took our assigned seats.

Two classes passed before break, and we were finally released from the classroom, which after a while, it gets hard to breathe because of the heating.

After, I walked to my locker to get an apple, and turned around to see Taehyung, smiling at me. "Hello!" Taehyung said, and I smiled and nodded, "Come on!" He sad, and started walking to the same table as yesterday.

"How are you guys?" I asked, and they all replied "Good, you?" "I'm alright, I get the results from yesterdays test today." Yoongi looked up. "I hope they're good." He said, "Me too." I replied, and smiled, he smiled back, it was a cute smile, for someone seen as 'Emo' or 'Cold', like him, he's misunderstood, maybe that one of the things that makes him beautiful.

I smiled to myself and started a conversation. "What kind of music do you guys like?" I asked, "I like rap and hip hop." Namjoon stated proudly, "I'll second that." Yoongi said, and grinned at Namjoon. "I like Big Bang!" Jungkook said, and I turned to him and raised an eyebrow, "Me too!" I added. Jungkook grinned, and opened his mouth, "Yeogi-" Only to be shut up by Taehyung.

"No, not again, please Jungkook." Taehyung pleaded. "Okay." Jungkook said, and went back to his phone.

"I used to dance." I said, and they all looked at me, "But this obviously caused a problem." I held up my cannula. "Maybe, if you're cured of cancer, you can show us your dancing." Yoongi said, and looked into my eyes, I could almost feel the warm brown of his eyes seep into my soul, and settle there.

"Yeah, it's unlikely, but if I do, you'll be the first ones to see."

-683 words