F I V E

The rest of the day flew by quickly, I worked, occasionally ran into someone from my group of friends in the hallways, it seemed like only the middle of the day when the bell for home rang, and set us all free. I walked among all the running students, and one of them bumped into me, and sent me spiralling to the floor. My books spilled out of my grip and scattered along the cold floor.

"Hang on, Jimin." I heard a voice announce, It was Yoongi, he squatted down and picked up my books, then turned to help me up, I shook my head and got up myself. He looked in the direction where the guys had disappeared to, and frowned, "Did you see his face?" He asked, "No." I replied.

He insisted on carrying my books back to my locker, and then walking me to the school gate, I was blushing like mad for the whole time, I don't think he noticed, thankfully. "Do you wanna pick up some coffee and go to the park?" Yoongi asked. "Yeah, I haven't been there since I was a little kid!" I said, and Yoongi grinned. 

The walk to the park was silent, but not the kind of silent that he has with Taehyung; awkward, but a slightly observant type. We walked side by side and reached a coffee shop. "Come on, this place is the best." Yoongi said.

The bells on the door jingled as we stepped into a well-lit cafe with white tables and chairs scattered around the floor, Yoongi walked up to the counter, and looked at the menu, hung up on the wall behind the counter.

"Can I please have a Caramel Milkshake and a-" He turned and looked at me, "A vanilla latte." I said, and he turned around, "And a medium vanilla latte, for takeaway." He said, and pulled out his wallet from the front pocket of his schoolbag. "No- I should pay." I said, and went to get my wallet and step towards the counter. "Nope, my treat." Yoongi said.

I walked out with my coffee, and Yoongi with his milkshake. "This is amazing!" I commented, I really love coffee. "I'm glad you think so!" Yoongi replied. We walked and drank what we bought, it was getting close to 4, when we caught sight of the park.

We walked to a grassy patch, and sat down, "Tell me about you." I said, and looked at Yoongi, who looked up, and smiled. "Well, there's quite a bit to tell." He said, and put his hands behind his head and lay down. "I want to be a rapper when I grow up, I guess it's what I'm most interested in, I  like reading, and writing songs." He said, and I smiled at that.

"What about you?" Yoongi said. "Well, first, I like reading too, and when I get cured of this stupid cancer, I want to be a dancer and singer." I said, and smiled at Yoongi. "I'm a terrible dancer, maybe you can teach me?" Yoongi said, "Y-Yeah, that would be fun!" I said, and then my phone started ringing, it was my mom, I picked it up 

"Jimin, where are you? Your results are here!" she yelled into the phone, I flinched away from the speaker and put my hand over the damaged ear. I gave Yoongi a sideways glance and a crooked smile. "I'm at the park with a friend!" I replied. "Okay, that's nice but I'd appreciate it if you came home." My mom said, and I hung up.

"Come on, your mom sounded distraught, we should get going." Yoongi said, and reached his hand out, for me to take it. I took it, and at that exact moment electricity coursed through my bloodstream, my skin burnt for a moment, in pain, but also ecstasy. I let go of his hand at the surprise. He grabbed my arm, and picked me up, "Well hello there, soulmate." He said.

-666 words