New Home

I called the shelter and I explained my situation they asked me if I had transportation they said they would send out a transportation bus that  has different routes and people that they pick up so I wouldn't be the only pick up but I would be one of the first ones being picked up.

I gathered the belongings I had and I made sure I got my two locks for my belongings that came with my suitcases which was perfect because I am going to be around unfamiliar faces and people steal. Not just people you are unfamiliar with either it could be people you do know that you allow in your house but anyways yea i got my locks to secure my items. Here comes a bus i wonder if it is they bus i will know in a few mins if they bus stops if it is for me

**Bus Stops

" before I let you on  i need  some form of  identification please ID if you have one

"I have my drivers License."

"Thats fine I can use that."

She looks at it and hands it back to me

"Sorry sweety i wasn't trying to get noisy I have to do that because of safety procautions its part of my job."

"It's fine no problem I understand."

The drive is about a 15-20 minute walk for me I am thankful i was able to be picked up it would of been a hassle to carry all this stuff and walk with it especially in these streets i could of got robbed.

**Bus Stops**

"listen up ladies! When yall step out of this bus you go straight to these double doors there will be a sign in sheet for you to write your name and it will ask you some questions while you are here you will be able to receive transportation,clothing vouchers,and many more your stay depends on they individual person we try our best to get everybody in good living arrangements but before we can do that what do all of you need a J.O.B we help you look for job leads if youbare stuggling to find work.

"I have a question

"I may have a answer".

What about if you do not have you highschool diploma?

"If you do not have your highschool diploma we will send you to what we call Penn Foster or you can just get your GED it is up to you Penn Foster is a accredited high school diploma recognized all over and you are i'm sure familiar with your GED.

"Any other questions before ya'll get off the bus?

"How many romates will we have?"

"you will have 2 roomates to a room"

Aww shit that did not even cross my mind that i will have a roomate Hopefully whoever it is they are clean and fine😉.

"If that is all for the questions lets get off this bus it is starting to get hot in here now."

"Agreed

**says this girl in the  back seat**

We all get off the bus there is 10 of us we walk directly into the double doors I'm the first one in i take the piece of paper and something hard to write on and  fill out my information and answer the questionnaire.

Here comes out a lady who seems to be the head boss how much you wanna bet that I am right?

"Hello everyone I am the director of California's All Womans Shelter my name is pamela i will be here helping yall find out how we can assist yall get back on your feet.

"We have thousands of success stories of people who came in here and was in abusive relationships, had no home,was on drugs,and we turned there life around but you know why there life was turned around because they got tired of struggling they wanted different things to happen for them and it takes alot for a person to come to a shelter."

"some people let there pride let me say this again some people let there P.R.I.D.E get in the way of receiving help if you need help you just need help thats bottom line".

"In my 20 years of doing this and working at a All womans shelters i have seen all different type of scenarios all different types of backgrounds but what i love about my job is that with all of that I can watch people grow."

"Carrie was your bus driver today she will sometimes drop you off to where ever you need to go docter appointments,job interviews,apartment hunting,clothing stores."

"I know carrie briefly went over this but i want to go more in-depth you will have two roomates just two both of yall are responsible for making your bed ,keeping trash off the floor, and keeping the shower nice and presentable.

"We have zero tolerence for drugs of any substance if you have a headache we do offer things here for those we also will give you a first aid kit incase for whatever reason you end up have a cut or a bruise No! We are not docters if you get a serious injury we will take you to the docters this shelter if funded by the goverment so while you are here you will recieve health care under us.

"No weapons"! We will be checking all bags before you are able to set up we will not do it in front of everybody you will one by one in alphabetical order walk in a room that for security purposes has a camera and we will examine your bag.

"There are  no curfews Just communicate with us if you are going to be out so that we know nothing has happened to you.

We do have a duration period though there are so many people that are trying to get in here in this shelter if you stay out for longer than 3-4 days you are telling us that you have somewhere to go and we can put someone in your spot we will not touch your belongings it is against the law we will get in contant with you and let you know that we have someone else ready for your bed.

  Everybody has had there bags checked now they are pulling names and seeing who is going to have who as there roomates I cross my fingers behind my back and hope that it is one of the girls that I was on the bus with the girl in the very back of the bus was quiet.

Maybe I might have her as a roomate they first names they pull out of the bag is my name my hands begin to sweat who am i going to be roomates with?! They call out India

"India and Kiara follow me"

Damn india is so attractive to me she has a thick accent 😍😍💦 I wanna talk to her but I'm nervous she is so beautiful she seems to be very down to earth from what i see maybe i will talk to her when we get settled into our rooms if i find the courage shit first I have to find out if she is even gay.

    Roomates⬇⬇⬇⬇