Fast Forward

School has been going really good I'm passing all of my classes with all A's, and we are a little more than half-way though the school year.

I was honestly concerned about my math class because math throughout school, especially last year has been my toughest subject. 
   I barely passed with a C last year and it was a low C and in my household especially when my dad was actively in my life, a c was failing.

  My mom was a little more understanding as long as I passed I think it was because my mom struggled with school just like I did. Her parents were like my dad, my mom showed me scars from when she would get beaten by an extension cord for getting c's. The more c's she got the worse the whoopin.
This school year I have all A's. My teachers even recommended I take some AP classes! That's a major step. Not saying it's not possible but I am lucky to be passing with just my regular classes.
   I have been noticing here lately my mom has been wanting to do a lot of mother daughter activities with me.
Maybe she feels bad, all she has been doing is sleeping. I've been wanting to talk to her and tell her all the good news especially considering the fact that I have all A's for once.

I overslept, great there goes my attendance. My alarm clock did not even go off I forgot to reset it, Fuck! I hear footsteps fuck I can't even go hide, I pretend to be sleep.  My mom shakes me slightly "Kiara wake up" at first I don't respond then she shakes me a little harder this time. *Kiara! wake up babygirl." My mom is the nicest parent I know to wake their kid up. You know most parents after they tell you the second time, their dragging your ass by your feet.
I open both eyes finishing with a nice long yawn. "Do you know what time it is?" She asked. "No mom." I replied, reaching for my phone.  "Oh my god! It's 11:00am. mom I'm so sorry, I over slept Please don't yell at me."
"Why do you just automatically assume I was going to yell at you"? She gaped.
I have no idea. "You don't​ have to go to school today."  "What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"You're letting me stay home?" I'm trying not to have an​ excited tone of voice, but lowkey I am happy as fuck "Yes Kiara you can stay home. It's about time we talk and I need you to listen." oh fuck oh fuck what could this be? It doesn't​ sound too good. I'm mentally preparing myself now.
"Kiara you know I love you right?" She asked. "Yes mom, what is wrong? You're sugar coating just spit it out!"