twenty-six;

'Chanyeol.. I'm so sorry,' Baekhyun muttered sincerely, holding the taller male tightly in his arms. 'I didn't think Minseok would do such a thing. And Luhan, he didn't look like the type to break someone's heart in such a horrible way. It makes me angry and upset to think that he would hurt you so badly. How could someone do that?'

'I thought the same.. But ever since I laid eyes on you, that heartbreak was long forgotten and now it's just another bad memory. I don't care for Luhan anymore, and Minseok, well, that's a totally different story..'

'I'm willing to listen, if you'd like me to hear about it.'

Chanyeol smiled lovingly and brushed the soft hair away from Baekhyun's innocent eyes that were glowing with sympathy.

'Minseok was hard to forgive, but not completely unforgivable. To this day, I still feel like I don't fully trust him like I used to.. But the more I moved on, the less I worried about my once stable relationship with Luhan, and the less I hated Minseok. It was just time and decisions; I chose to give him a chance after two whole years, if he promised not to bring up his mistake. It's just a pity Luhan tries to hang out with him still. Minseok just wants to move on, but he hates the thought of being alone, so he lets Luhan walk all over him. Although, there are many different reasons as to why I forgave him..'

'Go ahead, I'm listening.'

Chanyeol sat alone for the next few weeks.

If it weren't for Luhan sharing his friends, he would've sat with them, but of course, things just don't want to go his way ever since that dreaded night.

Minseok and Luhan are the only other people to know the reason behind their breakup. Obviously because they were the ones who had caused this problem to occur. The others were, without a doubt, curious to know why Chanyeol had suddenly refused to sit with any of them recently, but they failed to get an answer, being told that it wasn't their business.

Luhan couldn't care less, since the incident, he had been on Minseok's tail whenever and wherever; there was no escaping for the latter.

Minseok found this not only irritating, but also a huge disadvantage on his side. Every single day, he's been trying and trying to get Chanyeol to finally just talk to him and listen to what he had to say, but when Luhan was following him whenever he got the chance, attaching himself to the boy as if they were permanently stuck together, who wouldn't understand why Chanyeol was feeling sour every time he saw the two together, seeing his previous lover have eyes for someone else?

Even their friends were beginning to get suspicious, raising questioning eyebrows and watching quietly at the two who were getting far too close for their liking.

Chanyeol tried to ignore it, both the everlasting memory of that night and the emptiness he was feeling deep inside of his crushed heart, but there seemed to be no way of getting over it.

Every now and then, Luhan's words would come back to haunt him.

He's not worth it.

No, Luhan's not worth it. He's not worth loving. He's not worth thinking about. He's not worth missing. He's not worth anything in Chanyeol's eyes.

Yet, part of him can't deny the burning in his chest whenever he saw the other male. Whether it was hatred, pain or heartbreak, he wasn't even sure. But he knew that he could never feel the same way for anyone else ever again.